What are the best movies about New Orleans? Whether it's the horrific events that surrounded Hurricane Katrina, the New Orleans Saints, Mardi Gras, Cajun cooking, jazz music – these are some of the things that come to mind when we think about the city of New Orleans, Louisiana! This famous city New Orleans is a major port and happens to be the largest city in the entire state. It’s no wonder so many films have featured this iconic city and it's vibrant French history. But what are the best films about New Orleans? Vote for the best New Orleans movies below and see where your favorites rank!
The movies on this list all feature the city of New Orleans and most were actually filmed there. The genres range from comedy, romance, drama, and thriller. There's a New Orleans movie for whatever you're in the mood for.
This list features the best movies about New Orleans including, The Princess & The Frog, Synchronic, The Expendables, Déjà vu, Project Power, Hours, Girl's Trip, A Love Song for Bobby Long, Now You See Me, A Streetcar Named Desire, Runaway Jury, and Sinners and Saints. Vote up the best movies about New Orleans below or add a Big Easy film that isn't already on the list.
- In the years before the Civil War, Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a free black man from upstate New York, is kidnapped and sold into slavery in the South. Subjected to the cruelty of one ...more
- Cut Throat City is a 2020 American action film directed by RZA. Set after Hurricane Katrina, four boyhood friends out of options reluctantly accept an offer to pull off a dangerous heist in the heart ...more
- Harry Angel (Mickey Rourke) is a private detective contracted by Louis Cyphre (Robert De Niro) to track down the iconic singer Johnny Favorite. However, everybody that Angel questions about Favorite ...more
- Based on the play by Tennessee Williams, this renowned drama follows troubled former schoolteacher Blanche DuBois (Vivien Leigh) as she leaves small-town Mississippi and moves in with her sister, ...more
- Hardworking and ambitious, Tiana (Anika Noni Rose) dreams of one day opening the finest restaurant in New Orleans. Her dream takes a slight detour when she meets Prince Naveen (Bruno Campos), who has ...more
- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles is a 1994 American romantic horror film directed by Neil Jordan, based on the 1976 novel Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, and starring Tom ...more
- Colorful drama, set in New Orleans, about the relationship which develops between a young police lieutenant and an uncompromising female DA who is unimpressed with the bribery and corruption which is ...more
- When Barbara Beaurevel (Ava Gardner) inherits a large amount of money from her grandmother, the community is curious about its suspicious origins. But Barbara is focused on her love for Mark Lucas ...more
- Taut thriller about a young law student whose legal brief about the assassination of two Supreme Court justices causes her to be targeted by killers. She realizes just how accurate her accusations ...more
- The team of top-secret program brings ATF agent Doug Carlin (Denzel Washington) into its midst to capture the terrorist (Jim Caviezel) responsible for a ferry bombing that left hundreds dead. Its ...more
- Caroline Ellis (Kate Hudson), a good-natured nurse living in New Orleans, quits her job at a hospice to work for Violet Devereaux (Gena Rowlands), an elderly woman whose husband, Ben (John Hurt), is ...more
- In this animated feature, canine casino owner Charlie (Burt Reynolds) is killed by gambler Carface (Vic Tayback), but returns to Earth from heaven thanks to the powers of a magical, rewindable watch. ...more
- In one of her most renowned roles, Bette Davis portrays Julie Marsden, a spoiled Southern belle who risks losing her suitor with her impetuous behavior. Engaged to successful banker Preston Dillard ...more
- Best friends Ryan, Sasha, Lisa and Dina are in for the adventure of a lifetime when they travel to New Orleans for the annual Essence Festival. Along the way, they rekindle their sisterhood and ...more
- If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise is a 2010 documentary film directed by Spike Lee, as a follow-up to his 2006 HBO documentary film, When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts. The film ...more
- En la Nueva Orleans de 1966, el abogado Richard Sobol llega desde Washington D.C. para defender a Gary Duncan, un adolescente negro al que acusaron injustamente de haber agredido a un niño.
- In this adaptation of Tennessee Williams' play, young socialite Catherine Holly (Elizabeth Taylor) is traumatized and committed after witnessing her cousin's violent death on a trip to Europe. Her ...more
- The discovery that she has a terminal illness prompts introverted saleswoman Georgia Byrd (Queen Latifah) to reflect on what she realizes has been an overly cautious life. So Georgia withdraws her ...more
- Vendetta is a 1999 HBO original movie based on actual events that took place in New Orleans on March 14, 1891. Eighteen Italian-Americans were falsely accused of the murder of the police chief. After ...more
- After a workplace shooting in New Orleans, a trial against the gun manufacturer pits lawyer Wendell Rohr (Dustin Hoffman) against shady jury consultant Rankin Fitch (Gene Hackman), who uses illegal ...more
- Charismatic magician Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg) leads a team of talented illusionists called the Four Horsemen. Atlas and his comrades mesmerize audiences with a pair of amazing magic shows that drain ...more
- Hurricane Katrina impact in New Orleans.
- New Orleans is a 1947 musical drama featuring Billie Holiday as a singing maid and Louis Armstrong as a bandleader; supporting players Holiday and Armstrong perform together and portray a couple ...more
- Bobby Long (John Travolta), a former professor turned full-time drunkard, and Lawson Pines (Gabriel Macht), Long's former teaching assistant, spend their days drinking and swapping literary ...more
- 25A new father (Paul Walker) must remain behind and try to keep his prematurely born daughter alive after Hurricane Katrina knocks out the power in their New Orleans hospital.