Becoming a parent is the biggest decision you’ll ever make, and can also be the scariest. Most expectant fathers worry they won’t be strong enough, won’t be able to provide for their family, or won’t teach his kids the most important things in life. What better way to calm these fears than by watching a great movie about fatherhood? What are the best movies for expecting fathers to watch?
This list has the best movies for expecting fathers to watch, ranked by the community. Some of these movies are classics, while others are not as well known. Some are heartfelt and reassuring stories about the ups and downs of fatherhood, while others provide comic relief for nervous expecting fathers.This list features the best movies for expecting dads including, John Q., The Hangover Part 3, Father of the Bride, Knocked Up, Friends with Kids, The Pursuit of Happyness, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Big Fish. Vote up the best movies for expecting fathers to watch below or add one you love that isn't already on the list!
- George Banks (Steve Martin) and his wife, Nina (Diane Keaton), are the proud parents of Annie (Kimberly Williams), but when she returns from studying abroad and announces that she's engaged, their ...more
- When Iowa farmer Ray (Kevin Costner) hears a mysterious voice one night in his cornfield saying "If you build it, he will come," he feels the need to act. Despite taunts of lunacy, Ray builds a ...more
- Life is a struggle for single father Chris Gardner (Will Smith). Evicted from their apartment, he and his young son (Jaden Christopher Syre Smith) find themselves alone with no place to go. Even ...more
- New York City roommates Peter (Tom Selleck), Michael (Steve Guttenberg) and Jack (Ted Danson) are all successful and happily unmarried, but Peter and Michael get the surprise of a lifetime when a ...more
- When precocious teen Juno MacGuff becomes pregnant, she chooses a failed rock star and his wife to adopt her unborn child. Complications occur when Mark, the prospective father, begins viewing Juno ...more
- When successful child psychologist and one-time playboy Samuel Faulkner (Hugh Grant) hears that his girlfriend, Rebecca (Julianne Moore), is pregnant, he panics. As Faulkner's crippling fear of ...more
- A low-ranking celestial being teams up with a mild-mannered human to join the Chinese zodiac.
- Scout Finch (Mary Badham), 6,and her older brother, Jem (Phillip Alford), live in sleepy Maycomb, Ala., spending much of their time with their friend Dill (John Megna) and spying on their reclusive ...more
- Rising journalist Alison Scott (Katherine Heigl) hits a serious bump in the road after a one-night stand with irresponsible slacker Ben Stone (Seth Rogen) results in pregnancy. Rather than raise the ...more
- Mike Sullivan (Tom Hanks) is an enforcer for powerful Depression-era Midwestern mobster John Rooney (Paul Newman). Rooney's son, Connor (Daniel Craig), is jealous of the close bond they share, and ...more
- The romantic ups and downs of accountant Mollie Jensen (Kirstie Alley) are viewed cynically by a most unusual bystander -- her talking newborn, Mikey (Bruce Willis). She becomes pregnant through an ...more
- When Tim Lake (Domhnall Gleeson) is 21, his father (Bill Nighy) tells him a secret: The men in their family can travel through time. Although he can't change history, Tim resolves to improve his life ...more
- Story centers on a man whose nine-year-old son is in desperate need of a life-saving transplant. When he discovers that his medical insurance won't cover the costs of the surgery and alternative ...more
- Perfectionist Gil Buckman (Steve Martin) struggles with the deficiencies of his children, thinking they reflect poorly on his parenting -- and Gil's siblings only add to the stress of his life. One ...more
- When Edward Bloom (Albert Finney) becomes ill, his son, William (Billy Crudup), travels to be with him. William has a strained relationship with Edward because his father has always told exaggerated ...more
- A research scientist becomes the world's first pregnant man in order to test a drug he and a colleague have designed for expectant women. To carry out the trial, he has an embryo implant, believing ...more
- When a father-to-be learns he's a sextuplet, he sets off on a journey to meet his family.
- In the wake of their friends' marriages and eventual offspring, longtime pals Julie (Jennifer Westfeldt) and Jason (Adam Scott) decide to have a child together without becoming a couple. By becoming ...more
- After a disastrous first date, the only things Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) and Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel) have in common are mutual dislike and their love for their goddaughter, Sophie. When ...more
- Young high school couple Darcy Elliot (Molly Ringwald) and Stan Bobrucz (Randall Batinkoff) are one year from graduation, with promising futures ahead of them. But their paths take a drastic turn ...more
- As they await the birth of their baby, a couple (John Krasinski, Maya Rudolph) travel across America in search of the perfect place to raise their family. During their journey, they share assorted ...more
- 23A new father (Paul Walker) must remain behind and try to keep his prematurely born daughter alive after Hurricane Katrina knocks out the power in their New Orleans hospital.
- Madison Square Garden's manager (Burt Reynolds) wants a baby but not a wife, so he hires a surrogate mother (Beverly D'Angelo).
- The death of their childhood basketball coach leads to a reunion for some old friends (Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock), who gather at the site of a championship celebration years earlier. ...more