When asking which kinds of movies Scorpios will like, the answer relates to the natural qualities that tend to characterize those born under the sign. Scorpios are - first and foremost - nothing if not incredibly passionate. Movies that manage to work in a little steaminess tend to be right up their alley. They are also one of the zodiac's most gifted observers, so great movies for Scorpios may also include those that delve into the hidden or deeper nature of the human mind.
Though they tend to be intensely loyal to and protective of those they love, this is one sign that you don't want to piss off, as they can be a bit intense when betrayed. For this reason, some of the best films for Scorpios may also include plots that deal with betrayal and subsequent revenge, such as Cruel Intentions and Double Jeopardy. Often drawn to magic, movies that deal with the occult or the mysterious - such as Mulholland Drive - are also great choices when it comes to movies for Scorpios.
Check out this collection of films and vote up the ones that speak to you as a Scorpio or to the favorite Scorpio in your life.
- The Magnificent Seven is an American western film directed by John Sturges and starring Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach and Steve McQueen. The picture is an Old West-style remake of Akira Kurosawa's Japanese-language film Seven Samurai. The supporting cast features Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, James Coburn, Brad Dexter, and Horst Buchholz. They play a group of seven American gunfighters hired to protect a small agricultural village in Mexico from a group of marauding native bandits led by Calvera. The film's musical score was composed by Elmer Bernstein. In 2013, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally,... more on Wikipedia
10430Would a Scorpio love this movie?
- Actors: Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Eli Wallach, Yul Brynner
- Released: 1960
- Directed by: John Sturges
- Sin City is a 2005 American neo-noir thriller anthology film written, produced, and directed by Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez. It is based on Miller's eponymous graphic novel Sin City. Much of the film is based on the first, third and fourth books in Miller's original comic series.... more on Wikipedia
10532Would a Scorpio love this movie?
- Actors: Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, Rosario Dawson, Clive Owen
- Released: 2005
- Directed by: Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller
- A Clockwork Orange is a 1971 dystopian crime film adapted, produced, and directed by Stanley Kubrick, based on Anthony Burgess's 1962 novella A Clockwork Orange. It employs disturbing, violent images to comment on psychiatry, juvenile delinquency, youth gangs, and other social, political, and economic subjects in a dystopian near-future Britain... more on Wikipedia
9331Would a Scorpio love this movie?
- Actors: Malcolm McDowell, Warren Clarke, Steven Berkoff, David Prowse, Adrienne Corri
- Released: 1971
- Directed by: Stanley Kubrick
- The Prestige is a 2006 mystery drama film directed by Christopher Nolan, from a screenplay adapted by him and his brother Jonathan Nolan from Christopher Priest's 1995 World Fantasy Award-winning novel of the same name. The story follows Robert Angier and Alfred Borden, rival stage magicians in London at the end of the 19th century. Obsessed with creating the best stage illusion, they engage in competitive one-upmanship with tragic results. The American-British co-production features Hugh Jackman as Robert Angier, Christian Bale as Alfred Borden, and David Bowie as Nikola Tesla. It also stars Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson, Piper Perabo, Andy Serkis, and Rebecca Hall. The film reunites... more on Wikipedia
8726Would a Scorpio love this movie?
- Actors: Scarlett Johansson, David Bowie, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: Christopher Nolan