The Best Movies for Scorpios
When asking which kinds of movies Scorpios will like, the answer relates to the natural qualities that tend to characterize those born under the sign. Scorpios are - first and foremost - nothing if not incredibly passionate. Movies that manage to work in a little steaminess tend to be right up their alley. They are also one of the zodiac's most gifted observers, so great movies for Scorpios may also include those that delve into the hidden or deeper nature of the human mind.
Though they tend to be intensely loyal to and protective of those they love, this is one sign that you don't want to piss off, as they can be a bit intense when betrayed. For this reason, some of the best films for Scorpios may also include plots that deal with betrayal and subsequent revenge, such as Cruel Intentions and Double Jeopardy. Often drawn to magic, movies that deal with the occult or the mysterious - such as Mulholland Drive - are also great choices when it comes to movies for Scorpios.
Check out this collection of films and vote up the ones that speak to you as a Scorpio or to the favorite Scorpio in your life.
- 1175 VOTESAfter transferring to a Los Angeles high school, Sarah (Robin Tunney) finds that her telekinetic gift appeals to a group of three wannabe witches, who happen to be seeking a fourth member for their rituals. Bonnie (Neve Campbell), Rochelle (Rachel True) and Nancy (Fairuza Balk), like Sarah herself, all have troubled backgrounds, which combined with their nascent powers lead to dangerous consequences. When a minor spell causes a fellow student to lose her hair, the girls grow power-mad.
- Actors: Robin Tunney, Fairuza Balk, Neve Campbell, Rachel True, Skeet Ulrich
- Released: 1996
- Directed by: Andrew Fleming
- 2165 VOTESFollowing world war, London is a police state occupied by a fascist government, and a vigilante known only as V (Hugo Weaving) uses terrorist tactics to fight the oppressors of the world in which he now lives. When V saves a young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) from the secret police, he discovers an ally in his fight against England's oppressors.
- Actors: Natalie Portman, Hugo Weaving, Stephen Rea, John Hurt, Rupert Graves
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: James McTeigue
- 3115 VOTESFramed for the murder of her husband, Libby Parsons (Ashley Judd) survives the long years in prison with two burning desires sustaining her -- finding her son and solving the mystery that destroyed her once-happy life. Standing between her and her quest, however, is her parole officer, Travis Lehman (Tommy Lee Jones). Libby poses a challenge to the cynical officer, one that forces him to face up to his own failings while pitting him against his superiors and law enforcement colleagues.
- Actors: Tommy Lee Jones, Ashley Judd, Bruce Greenwood, Annabeth Gish, Roma Maffia
- Released: 1999
- Directed by: Bruce Beresford
- 4150 VOTESAnnette (Reese Witherspoon) unwittingly becomes a pawn in Sebastian's (Ryan Phillippe) and Kathryn's (Sarah Michelle Gellar) deliciously diabolical wager of sexual conquest when she writes an article in Seventeen Magazine about how she intends to stay pure until she marries her boyfriend. However, Sebastian gets more than he bargained for as he attempts to woo Annette into his bed.
- Actors: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe, Reese Witherspoon, Selma Blair, Louise Fletcher
- Released: 1999
- Directed by: Roger Kumble
- 5123 VOTESA Mexican village is at the mercy of Calvera, the leader of a band of outlaws. The townspeople, too afraid to fight for themselves, hire seven American gunslingers to free them from the bandits' raids. The professional gunmen train the villagers to defend themselves, then plan a trap for the evil Calvera.
- Actors: Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach, Steve McQueen, Horst Bucholz, Charles Bronson
- Released: 1960
- Directed by: John Sturges
- 6103 VOTESAn illusion gone horribly wrong pits two 19th-century magicians, Alfred Borden (Christian Bale) and Rupert Angier (Hugh Jackman), against each other in a bitter battle for supremacy. Terrible consequences loom when the pair escalate their feud, each seeking not just to outwit -- but to destroy -- the other man.
- Actors: Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson, Piper Perabo
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: Christopher Nolan