List of the best movies of 1900, with movie trailers when available. These top movies of 1900 are listed by popularity, so the movies with the most votes are at the top. This list consists of all different movie genres, but each film was released in 1900. You can filter this list of films that came out in 1900 for various bits of information, such as who directed the movie and what genre it is. Think the best 1900 movie isn't as high as it should be? Vote up your favorite so it will rise to the top.
List includes To Have and to Hold, As Seen Through a Telescope, more.
This list answers the questions, "What are the best movies from 1900?" and "What are the most popular movies of 1900?"1900 was a great year for movies, since a lot of classic films were released in 1900. This is a crowd sourced list that has been voted on by many people, so these top films of 1900 aren't just one persons opinion.
Directed by: Georges MélièsJoan of Arc is a 1900 French silent film directed by Georges Méliès, based on the life of Joan of Arc.... more
- Sherlock Holmes Baffled is a very short American silent film created in 1900 with cinematography by Arthur Marvin. It is the earliest known film to feature Arthur Conan Doyle's detective character... more
- The House That Jack Built is a 1900 British short silent drama film, directed by George Albert Smith, featuring a boy who knocks over a house made of bricks built by his sister and then rebuilds it... more
- As Seen Through a Telescope is a 1900 British short silent comedy film, directed by George Albert Smith, featuring an elderly gentleman getting a glimpse of a woman's ankle through a telescope. The... more
Directed by: J. Stuart BlacktonThe Enchanted Drawing is a silent film best known for containing the first animated sequences recorded on standard picture film, directed in 1900 by J. Stuart Blackton, who is because of that... more
- To Have and to Hold is a novel by American author Mary Johnston. Published by Houghton Mifflin, it was the bestselling novel in the United States that year.... more
Directed by: Clément MauriceHamlet, also known as Le Duel d'Hamlet, is a 1900 French film adaptation of an excerpt from the William Shakespeare play Hamlet. It is believed to have been the earliest film adaptation of the play,... more
- Grandma's Reading Glass is a 1900 British short silent drama film, directed by George Albert Smith, featuring a young Willy who borrows a huge magnifying glass to focus on various objects, which was... more
- The Two Blind Men was a short silent film created and released in 1900 and directed by Georges Méliès.... more
- Capture of Boer Battery by British is a black-and-white silent short documentary film produced by James H. White for Edison Manufacturing Company in 1900. It is one minute in length and depicts the... more
Directed by: Clément MauriceRoméo et Juliette is a 1900 French film adaptation of the classic and famous William Shakespeare play, Romeo and Juliet. This film version was directed by Clément Maurice, starred Emilio Cossira, and... more
- Searching Ruins on Broadway, Galveston, for Dead Bodies is a 1900 black-and-white silent film depicting the destruction caused by the Galveston hurricane on September 8, 1900. The film was produced... more
- The Beggar's Deceit is a 1900 British short film directed by Cecil Hepworth. The film is a comedy sketch shot from a static camera position, with the composition divided into thirds: on the left the... more
- Bakuvians Walk in the City Park is a 1900 Azerbaijani film directed by Q. Matye. It was filmed on November 12, 1900 the same day Matye shot The Life of Bakuvians and Their Movement Along the... more
- Clowns Spinning Hats is a black-and-white silent film featuring clowns throwing hats back and forth to each other. It was written and produced by Lubin Films and released April 7, 1900.... more
- Feeding Sea Lions is short silent film featuring Paul Boyton feeding sea lions at his Sea Lion Park at Coney Island. Boyton is shown feeding the trained sea lions, twelve in number. The sea lions... more
- The Life of Bakuvians and Their Movement Along the Velikokniaz Avenue is a 1900 Azerbaijani film directed by Q. Matye. It was filmed on November 12, 1900 the very day Matye shot Bakuvians Walk in the... more
Directed by: Frederick S. ArmitageAbove the Limit is a short film made in November 1900 by F.S. Armitage, and marks the film debut of vaudevillian actor Charley Grapewin, 39 years before his more memorable role as Dorothy's Uncle... more
- Grandma Threading her Needle is a 1900 British short silent comedy film, directed by George Albert Smith, featuring a grandma trying to get a thread though a needle. The sole purpose of the... more
- The Magician is a 1900 American silent film produced by Thomas A. Edison's Edison Manufacturing Company. According to the Edison film catalog, the film originally was sold to theaters for $9.00. This... more
- The Old Maid's Valentine is a 1900 British short silent comedy film, directed by George Albert Smith, which features the titular Miss Pimple receiving an unpleasant surprise on 14 February. The film,... more
Directed by: Cecil HepworthExplosion of a Motor Car is a 1900 British short black-and-white silent comedy film, directed by Cecil M. Hepworth, featuring an exploding automobile scattering the body parts of its driver and... more
- Spiders on a Web is a 1900 British short silent documentary film, directed by George Albert Smith, featuring a single shot close-up of two spiders trapped in an enclosure. The film is, according to... more
- The Clockwork Heart is a film released in 1900....