Let’s say you’re headed back from the bar with your friends, it’s 2 am, and you’re all drunk. After you order pizza and grab a few more cold ones from the fridge, you and buddies decide to put on a movie. What sort of film will fit the picture? Chances are no one is reaching for Schindler’s List or an Academy Award winner with heavy drama. This is the time to put on a fun movie with a nice easy plot. These are the best movies to watch while drinking or, depending on how late in the night you fire up Netflix, the best movies to watch while you're drunk.
Just because a movie is on this “drunk list,” it doesn’t mean it’s bad. In fact, most of the films listed here are classics in their own way. But if we’re being totally honest, the stupid humor in a comedy like Happy Gilmore or Superbad is going to induce more hearty belly laughs if you’re watching it with your pals after a few sudsy pints, than if you're watching it totally sober.
Most of the movies on this list are comedies. And we’re not talking about the sophisticated, meta-type Woody Allen low chuckle type comedy. These funny films are raunchy and many depict booze-filled debauchery, and toilet humor. Call them low-brow if you must, but that doesn’t mean anything if you're looking for the best movies to drink during an alcohol-filled evening.
Other films on this list are just super cool and entertaining. Anything with the name Quentin Tarantino above the title is going to ooze stylized cinema. And there is never a bad time to watch True Romance.So raise a glass and make a toast, it’s inebriated movie time. But before you pass out, be sure to upvote your favorite films to watch while drinking, or when you’re already drunk.
- National Lampoon's Animal House is a 1978 American comedy film directed by John Landis. The film was a direct spinoff from National Lampoon magazine. It is about a misfit group of fraternity members who challenge the dean of Faber College. The screenplay was adapted by Douglas Kenney, Chris Miller, and Harold Ramis from stories written by Miller and published in National Lampoon magazine. The stories were based on Miller's experiences in the Alpha Delta Phi fraternity at Dartmouth College. Other influences on the film came from Ramis's experiences in the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity at Washington University in St. Louis, and producer Ivan Reitman's experiences at Delta Upsilon at McMaster... more on Wikipedia
18683Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Kevin Bacon, John Belushi, Donald Sutherland, Karen Allen, John Landis
- Released: 1978
- Directed by: John Landis
- Beerfest is a 2006 beer-themed comedy film by the comedy group Broken Lizard. Along with the regular members of Broken Lizard, other actors who appear in the movie include Will Forte, M. C. Gainey, Cloris Leachman, Jürgen Prochnow, Donald Sutherland, and Willie Nelson. In August 2014 during a Reddit AMA, when asked about where the concept for the movie came from, Jay Chandrasekhar said "We were at a Beer garden in Australia and we went on stage and challenged the top five drinkers in the room to a chug off. ... more on Wikipedia
17777Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Donald Sutherland, Cloris Leachman, Mo'Nique Imes-Jackson, Will Forte, Eric Christian Olsen
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: Jay Chandrasekhar
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, or simply Anchorman, is a 2004 comedy film directed by Adam McKay, produced by Judd Apatow, starring Will Ferrell, and written by McKay and Ferrell. The film is a tongue-in-cheek take on the culture of the 1970s, particularly the new Action News format. It portrays a San Diego TV station where Ferrell's title character clashes with his new female counterpart. This film is number 100 on Bravo's 100 funniest movies, number 6 on TimeOut's top 100 comedy films of all time and 113 on Empire's 500 Greatest Movies of All Time. The film made $28.4 million in its opening weekend, and $90.6 million worldwide in its total theatrical run. A companion film... more on Wikipedia
18282Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Christina Applegate, Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Steve Carell, Jack Black
- Released: 2004
- Directed by: Adam McKay
- Old School is a 2003 American comedy film released by DreamWorks Pictures and The Montecito Picture Company and directed by Todd Phillips. The story was written by Court Crandall, and the film was written by Phillips and Scot Armstrong. The film stars Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and Will Ferrell as three depressed thirty-somethings who seek to re-live their college days by starting a fraternity, and the tribulations they encounter in doing so.... more on Wikipedia
247129Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Elisha Cuthbert, Snoop Dogg, Will Ferrell, Sarah Shahi, Vince Vaughn
- Released: 2003
- Directed by: Todd Phillips