Let’s say you’re headed back from the bar with your friends, it’s 2 am, and you’re all drunk. After you order pizza and grab a few more cold ones from the fridge, you and buddies decide to put on a good movie to watch while you're drunk. What sort of film will fit the picture? Chances are no one is reaching for Schindler’s List or an Academy Award winner with heavy drama. This is the time to put on a fun movie with a nice easy plot. These are the best movies to watch while drinking or, depending on how late in the night you fire up Netflix, the best movies to watch while you're drunk.
Just because a movie is on this “drunk list,” it doesn’t mean it’s bad. In fact, most of the films listed here are classics in their own way. But if we’re being totally honest, the stupid humor in a comedy like Happy Gilmore or Superbad is going to induce more hearty belly laughs if you’re watching it with your pals after a few sudsy pints, than if you're watching it totally sober.
Most of the movies on this list are comedies. And we’re not talking about the sophisticated, meta-type Woody Allen low chuckle type comedy. These funny films are raunchy and many depict booze-filled debauchery, and toilet humor. Call them low-brow if you must, but that doesn’t mean anything if you're looking for the best movies to drink during an alcohol-filled evening.
Other films on this list are just super cool and entertaining. Anything with the name Quentin Tarantino above the title is going to ooze stylized cinema. And there is never a bad time to watch True Romance.
So raise a glass and make a toast, it’s inebriated movie time. But before you pass out, be sure to upvote your favorite films to watch while drinking, or when you’re already drunk.
- Superbad is a 2007 American teen comedy film directed by Greg Mottola and starring Jonah Hill and Michael Cera. The film was written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, who began working on the script when they were both 13 years old; they completed a draft by the time they were 15. The film's main characters have the same given names as Rogen and Goldberg. It was also one of a string of hit films produced by Judd Apatow.... more
550181Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Emma Stone, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Jenna Haze, Michael Cera
- Released: 2007
- Directed by: Greg Mottola
- The Hangover is a 2009 American comedy film, co-produced and directed by Todd Phillips and written by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. It is the first film of The Hangover trilogy. The film stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Heather Graham, Justin Bartha, and Jeffrey Tambor. It tells the story of Phil Wenneck, Stu Price, and Alan Garner, who travel to Las Vegas for a bachelor party to celebrate their friend Doug Billings' impending marriage. However, Phil, Stu, and Alan have no memory of the previous night's events and must find Doug before the wedding can take place.... more
478159Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Mike Tyson, Bradley Cooper, Heather Graham, Carrot Top, Zach Galifianakis
- Released: 2009
- Directed by: Todd Phillips
- American Pie is a 1999 teen comedy film written by Adam Herz and directed by brothers Paul and Chris Weitz, in their directorial film debut. It is the first film in the American Pie theatrical series. The film was a box-office hit and spawned three direct sequels: American Pie 2, American Wedding, and American Reunion. The film concentrates on five best friends who attend East Great Falls High. With the exception of Stifler, the guys make a pact to lose their virginity before their high school graduation. ... more
22383Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Alyson Hannigan, Tara Reid, Shannon Elizabeth, Christina Milian, Mena Suvari
- Released: 1999
- Directed by: Chris Weitz, Paul Weitz
- Old School is a 2003 American comedy film released by DreamWorks Pictures and The Montecito Picture Company and directed by Todd Phillips. The story was written by Court Crandall, and the film was written by Phillips and Scot Armstrong. The film stars Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and Will Ferrell as three depressed thirty-somethings who seek to re-live their college days by starting a fraternity, and the tribulations they encounter in doing so.... more
271121Is this a fun drinking movie?
- Actors: Elisha Cuthbert, Snoop Dogg, Will Ferrell, Sarah Shahi, Vince Vaughn
- Released: 2003
- Directed by: Todd Phillips