Say you meet that special, perfect someone. They're everything you ever wanted, and you can't imagine your life without them. Next thing you know, you're getting serious and it's time to meet... their family. Surely no family could be so bad that they would become a dealbreaker?
Well, the movies on this list of the greatest In-laws movies will test that notion. These are all the top movies with In-laws so bad they would make you reconsider the most perfect partner in the entire world. From stern parents to crazy siblings to crime families, there's something for everyone. While you might choose your significant other, you didn't necessarily choose their relatives, but they're still your in-laws. Hopefully, your relationship with your mother-in-law is not as bad as Jane Fonda in Monster-in-law. In truth, it can be awkward or difficult to introduce someone new to your family, so take a look at this list to help you prepare for a new son, daughter, or even cousin-in-law.
We all have trouble with our inlaws from time to time, so vote up the best films about in-laws on this list and add any recent movies you think belongs on the list. You can also be thankful that your father-in-law isn't like Robert DeNiro in Meet the Parents. And if they are? Well, at least you're not alone.
- Monster-in-Law is a 2005 romantic comedy film directed by Robert Luketic and starring Jennifer Lopez, Jane Fonda, Michael Vartan and Wanda Sykes. It marks a return to cinema for Fonda, being her first film in 15 years after Stanley & Iris. The screenplay is written by Anya Kochoff. The original music score is composed by David Newman. The film was negatively received by critics but was a box office success.... more
252Is this a great movie about in-laws?
- Actors: Jennifer Lopez, Jane Fonda, Wanda Sykes, Will Arnett, Monet Mazur
- Released: 2005
- Directed by: Robert Luketic
- Meet the Parents is a 2000 American comedy film directed by Jay Roach. Male nurse Greg Focker (Ben Stiller) meets his girlfriend's parents before proposing, but her suspicious father (robert De Niro) is every date's worst nightmare.... more
243Is this a great movie about in-laws?
- Actors: Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Blythe Danner, Teri Polo
- Released: 2000
- Directed by: Jay Roach
- Meet the Fockers is a 2004 American comedy film directed by Jay Roach and the sequel to Meet the Parents. The film stars Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Barbra Streisand, Blythe Danner and Teri Polo. It was followed by a sequel, Little Fockers, in 2010.... more
174Is this a great movie about in-laws?
- Actors: Robert De Niro, Barbra Streisand, Dustin Hoffman, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson
- Released: 2004
- Directed by: Jay Roach
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding is a 2002 Canadian-American romantic comedy film written by and starring Nia Vardalos and directed by Joel Zwick. The film is centered on Fotoula "Toula" Portokalos, a middle class Greek American woman who falls in love with a non-Greek upper middle class "White Anglo-Saxon Protestant" Ian Miller. At the 75th Academy Awards, it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. A sleeper hit, the film became the highest-grossing romantic comedy of all time, and grossed $241.4 million in North America, despite never reaching number one at the box office during its release.... more
144Is this a great movie about in-laws?
- Actors: Nia Vardalos, Andrea Martin, Joey Fatone, John Corbett, Lainie Kazan
- Released: 2002
- Directed by: Joel Zwick