Here are the best Netflix original documentary series, ranked from the most popular to the least by the Ranker community. This list shows all Netflix original docu-series on currently streaming online on Netflix. Original Netflix docuseries cover nearly anything you're curious to learn more about, from true crime to natural history and the stars.
The latest and newest Netflix documentary series cover murder cases, cooking, foods from around the world, sports, and science. Featuring Russell Peters, Chelsea Handler, Guillermo del Toro, and more, must-watch Netflix original docu-series include Five Came Back, Chef's Table, Making a Murderer, and Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness. Netflix produces quality documentary shows. Other Netflix original documentary series include Somebody Feed Phil, Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer, and Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On, which is based on the critically acclaimed Netflix original documentary film.
Sometimes there's nothing better than to just binge watch Netflix originals and chill. Which Netflix original docu-series is the best? From Abstract: The Art of Design to Captive to Dirty Money, they're all here for the Ranker community to vote on. If there's a Netflix original documentary series that you don't see, feel free to add it to the list, but make sure that it's currently streaming on Netflix. Vote up the best Netflix docuseries and see where your favorites rank. When you're done, check out the best Netflix original movies and the best Netflix original documentaries.
- The secrets, pain and questions that linger decades after the unsolved murder of a nun.
- A man exonerated by DNA after 18 years in prison becomes the prime suspect in another grisly crime.
- The life and career of Kanye West.
- The story of a pizza delivery man who robbed a bank, then was killed by a bomb around his neck.
- Investigating cases in which people convicted of murder claim their confessions were coerced.
- When a controversial guru builds a utopian city in the Oregon desert, conflict with locals grows.
- Flint Town (Netflix, 2018) is an eight-episode American documentary television series that focuses on the thoughts and conflicted emotions of the men and women serving to protect urban areas of ...more
- A twisted criminal's gruesome videos drive a group of online sleuths to launch a risky manhunt.
- Exploring the rise -- and occasional fall -- of iconic toy franchises.
- A boy's murder prompts questions about the system's protection of vulnerable children.
- The true-crime story of two detectives who race to stop a serial killer known as the Night Stalker.
- A unique look inside the mind of a serial killer crafted from statements made by Ted Bundy.
- Experiencing the planet's natural beauty through an examination of how climate change impacts Earth.
- An examination of how convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein carried out his abuses.
- Elite athletes in tough circumstances must strive for greatness on community college football teams.
- Stories of scandal and corruption in business, featuring firsthand accounts.
- Girls Incarcerated (Netflix, 2018) is a coming-of-age documentary series about troubled girls who are are juvenile delinquents in Madison Juvenile Center.
- Examining how Aaron Hernandez went from an NFL star to a convicted killer.
- Inside the lives and kitchens of some of the world's most renowned international culinary talents.
- Chronicling the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks through personal stories and historical moments.
- 20This reality series offers a sobering look at the war on drugs.
- The stories behind blockbusters that defined a generation; featuring actors, directors and insiders.
- Los Angeles' notorious Cecil Hotel grows in infamy after the disappearance of guest Elisa Lam.
- Stories of some of the most notorious drug kingpins and those who have sworn to bring them down.
- Spotlighting topical and timely issues that impact people's lives.
- I Am A Killer (Netflix, 2018) is a crime documentary series produced by Crime+Investigation UK. The series follows Death Row inmates who tell the story of how they ended up there.