Here are the best NFL players from Alaska! While not an extensive list, the top Alaskan NFL players do have some Super Bowl rings to their names.
All but one of these NFL players from Alaska play in the trenches, whether it’s the defensive or offensive line. Steve Smith (not that Steve Smith) is the only skill-position player on the list. While Alaskan NFL players haven’t been prevalent throughout the league’s history, they have a quality-over-quantity vibe to them. Plus, you got to love a list where one of the entries (Mark Schlereth) has the nickname “Stink.”
So vote for the best NFL players from Alaska, and add anyone you feel is missing from the list.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYMark Frederick Schlereth (; born January 25, 1966) is a former professional American football player and current television and radio sportscaster. Schlereth played guard in the NFL for 12 seasons (1989–2000) with the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos. He is currently a football analyst for Fox Sports, appearing on FS1, and other programs. He also co-hosted Sedano & Stink with Jorge Sedano from 7-10 p.m. ET on ESPN Radio until late March 2015 when he left the program to pursue other broadcast opportunities. He has also begun a career in acting, appearing on the soap opera Guiding Light, and 2012's Red Dawn remake.... more on Wikipedia
115Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
Chris KuperChris Kuper (born December 19, 1982) is a former American football offensive guard for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL). The Broncos selected him in the fifth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football for the University of North Dakota. He is currently assistant offensive line coach for the Denver Broncos.... more on Wikipedia
84Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Anchorage, Alaska
- Daryn Wayne Colledge (born February 11, 1982) is a former American football offensive guard that played in the National Football League (NFL). He was selected in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers and won Super Bowl XLV with them over the Pittsburgh Steelers. He also played professionally for the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins and played college football for Boise State University.... more on Wikipedia
96Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Fairbanks, Alaska
- Photo: NFLTravis Todd Hall (born August 3, 1972 in Soldotna, Alaska) is a retired NFL player who last played for the San Francisco 49ers. He plays the defensive tackle position. He went to Brigham Young University. He was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the 6th round (181st overall) in the 1995 NFL Draft. He played 10 years with the Falcons before signing a free agent contract with the 49ers in 2005. Before his professional career, Hall, a multi-sport athlete, wrestled, played hockey, and football while in high school at West Jordan High School (1990).Travis formed ProSpot Fitness in 1998. ProSpot Fitness, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets home gyms featuring the company's patented Grab & Go... more on Wikipedia
65Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Kenai, Alaska