Here’s a list of the best NFL players from New Mexico! While there are not many New Mexico football stars, the players who came from New Mexico have been among the best football players ever. The list includes three Hall of Famers, including legendary defender Ronnie Lott, one of the best cornerbacks of all time.
Vote for who you think are the top NFL players from New Mexico and any of your favorites missing from the list!
- Photo: Wikimedia CommonsBrian Urlacher (; born May 25, 1978) is a former American football linebacker who spent his entire 13-year career playing for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for The University of New Mexico, where he was recognized as a consensus All-American and became one of the school's most decorated athletes. The Bears selected Urlacher with the ninth overall pick in the 2000 NFL Draft. Urlacher quickly established himself as one of the NFL's most productive defensive players. After winning the NFL Rookie of the Year Award in 2000, he was elected to eight Pro Bowls, and won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in 2005. His playing style,... more
402Is he a great New Mexico star?
- Birthplace: Pasco, Tri-Cities, Washington, United States of America
- Photo: Steve Jennings / Getty ImagesRonald Mandel Lott (born May 8, 1959) is an American former professional football player who was a cornerback, free safety, and strong safety in the National Football League (NFL) for fourteen seasons during the 1980s and 1990s. Lott played college football for the University of Southern California (USC), and was honored as a consensus All-American. A first-round pick in the 1981 NFL Draft, he played for the San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Raiders, New York Jets, and Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL. Lott was elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000, and is widely considered to be one of the best of all time at the safety position in NFL history and one of the best players in NFL... more
354Is he a great New Mexico star?
- Birthplace: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
- Photo: Wikimedia CommonsThomas Franklin McDonald (July 26, 1934 – September 24, 2018) was an American football flanker in the National Football League (NFL) for the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Rams, Atlanta Falcons, and Cleveland Browns. He played college football for the Oklahoma Sooners. He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and College Football Hall of Fame.... more
182Is he a great New Mexico star?
- Birthplace: Roy, New Mexico
- Photo: Keith Allison / Wikimedia CommonsDaniel "Colt" McCoy (born September 5, 1986) is an American football quarterback for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft, after playing college football for the University of Texas. He has also been a member of the San Francisco 49ers. McCoy was the starting quarterback for the Texas Longhorns from 2006 to 2009 and won the 2008 Walter Camp Award, was the 2008 Heisman Trophy runner-up and was a 2009 Heisman finalist. McCoy is second to Boise State's Kellen Moore in games won by a NCAA Division I quarterback. In his senior year, he won 13 of the top 15 major college player awards... more
114Is he a great New Mexico star?
- Birthplace: Hobbs, New Mexico