Here’s a list of the best NFL players from North Dakota! North Dakota football stars are few and far between, but they have had their hands in the success for the teams they played for, especially Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Phil Hansen. There is also Joe Patera, who is better known as a coach than a player.
Vote for who you think are the top NFL players from North Dakota and add any of your favorites missing from the list!
- Jimmy Carter Kleinsasser (; born January 31, 1977) is a former American Football player who played fullback, H-back, and tight end for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League. He played college football at North Dakota and played for the Vikings his entire career since being drafted in 1999. ... more
132Is he a great North Dakota star?
- Birthplace: Carrington, North Dakota
- Photo: Wikimedia CommonsGary Larsen (born March 13, 1942) is a former defensive tackle in the NFL and played college football at Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota. He started his NFL career in 1964 with the Los Angeles Rams and then became a part of the famous Purple People Eaters for the Minnesota Vikings from 1965 through 1974. He was selected to two Pro Bowls and played in Super Bowls IV, VIII and IX. He was known as the "policeman", the player who covered the run while Eller, Marshall, and Page attacked the quarterback. According to Minnesota Viking records, he recorded 38.5 sacks in his 11-year career.... more
111Is he a great North Dakota star?
- Birthplace: Fargo, North Dakota
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Phillip Allen Hansen (born May 20, 1968) is a former American football defensive end in the National Football League for the Buffalo Bills, drafted in the second round, making the 1991 all-rookie team, and playing on three Super Bowl teams. He played college football at North Dakota State University, setting records with 41 regular-season sacks and 32 pass breakups, and started on Division II national championship teams in 1988 and 1990. He accumulated 61.5 sacks for the Bills and was inducted onto the Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame on September 18, 2011. In 2012, Hansen ran as a Republican for election to the Minnesota Senate in the newly created district 4. The district includes Detroit... more
124Is he a great North Dakota star?
- Birthplace: Oakes, North Dakota
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Brooks Michael Bollinger (born November 15, 1979) is a former American football quarterback and current coach. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of Wisconsin. Bollinger has also been a member of the Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and Florida Tuskers.... more
14Is he a great North Dakota star?
- Birthplace: Grand Forks, North Dakota