Here’s a list of the best NFL players from Wyoming. Wyoming is not a football factory like some states, but there have been several players from Wyoming who have left their mark on their teams and the league itself.
Vote for who you think are the top NFL players from Wyoming and add any of your favorites missing from the list!
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Gail Ross Cogdill (April 7, 1937 – October 20, 2016) was an American football player. He played college football at the end position for the Washington State Cougars football team from 1957 to 1959. He was selected by the Detroit Lions in the 1960 NFL Draft and played professional football as a split end and wide receiver in the National Football League (NFL) for the Detroit Lions (1960–1968), the Baltimore Colts (1968), and the Atlanta Falcons (1969–1970). He won the NFL Rookie of the Year Award in 1960 and played in three Pro Bowls, after the 1960, 1962, and 1963 seasons. During an 11-year NFL career, he caught 356 passes for 5,696 yards and scored a total of 36 touchdowns.... more on Wikipedia
1611Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Worland, Grant Village, Wyoming
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYBoyd Hamilton Dowler (born October 18, 1937) is a former professional football player, a wide receiver in the National Football League. He played twelve seasons from 1959 to 1971, eleven with the Green Bay Packers and one with the Washington Redskins. Born in Rock Springs, Wyoming, Dowler grew up in Cheyenne, where his father Walter was a high school history teacher. He was also a former football coach who had played college football at Wyoming. Boyd was a three-sport athlete at Cheyenne High School. He played college football at the University of Colorado as a single-wing quarterback under head coach Dal Ward. Dowler led the Big Seven conference in receiving as a junior in 1957, but spent... more on Wikipedia
1713Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Rock Springs, Grant Village, Wyoming
- Photo: Jeffrey Beall / Wikimedia CommonsBrett Keisel (born September 19, 1978) is a former American football defensive end who played 12 seasons for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the seventh round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at Brigham Young University.... more on Wikipedia
2019Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Provo, Utah
- Christopher Ken "Chris" Cooley (born July 11, 1982) is a former American football tight end who played for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Utah State University, and was drafted by the Redskins in the third round of the 2004 NFL draft. Cooley holds the Redskins' franchise record for most receptions at tight end.... more on Wikipedia
1110Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Powell, Grant Village, Wyoming, United States of America