Love historical fiction? This list of the best novels about World War 1 is perfect for you! This list attempts to answer the question, "What are the best historical fiction books about World War 1?" But with so many good books to choose from, there's bound to be some debate about the best WW1 books. And that's just fine. Voting for your favorite WW1 novel will help us finally decide which books are the most beloved.
Also known as the First World War, this global war lasted from 1914 – 1918. It was the fifth deadliest war in the world’s history. Until the approach of second World War, it was simply referred to as the Great War or World War. The war involved most of the world’s countries that drew together and eventually formed into two separate alliances: the Allies and the Central Powers. Ultimately over 70 military personnel, including 60 million European military personnel were mobilized into one of the largest wars in history. The underlying cause of the war was the 28 June 1914 assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary, by Yugoslav nationalist Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo.The end-result of the murder set off a diplomatic crisis; within weeks the war began, spreading the conflict across the world. The League of Nations was formed as a direct result of the war. While many timeless stories have been written about the events that took place in the war, this list focuses on perhaps the best WWI fictional novels.
- 19962A Farewell to Arms is a novel written by Ernest Hemingway set during the Italian campaign of... more
- 14654An omnibus of Erich Maria Remarque's "All Quiet on the Western Front" and Joseph Roth's "Job".... more
- 11536The Regeneration Trilogy is a series of three novels by Pat Barker on the subject of the First... more
- 10635Johnny Got His Gun is an anti-war novel written in 1938 by American novelist and screenwriter... more
- 7918The Good Soldier Švejk, also spelled Schweik or Schwejk is the abbreviated title of an... more
- 8523A Very Long Engagement is a novel by Sebastien Japrisot....
- 7316Journey to the End of the Night is the first novel of Louis-Ferdinand Céline. This... more
- 6919A Soldier of the Great War is a novel by Mark Helprin concerning an aged World War I veteran... more
- 5517Journey's End is a 1928 drama, the seventh of English playwright R. C. Sherriff. It was first... more
- 4916The Return of the Soldier is the debut novel of English novelist Rebecca West, first published... more
- 4314And Quiet Flows the Don or Quietly Flows the Don is an epic novel in four volumes by Russian... more
- 5023Maisie Dobbs is a mystery by Jacqueline Winspear published in 2003. Set in England between... more
- 4016The Road Back is a novel by German author Erich Maria Remarque. The novel was first serialized... more
- 2612Ashenden: Or the British Agent is a 1928 collection of loosely linked stories by W. Somerset... more
- 3118Random Harvest is a novel written by James Hilton, first published in 1941. Like previous... more
- 4031Fall of Giants is a historical novel by Welsh-born author Ken Follett. It is the first in the... more
- 2614Winged Victory is a 1934 novel by English World War I fighter pilot Victor Maslin Yeates that... more
Daniel Mason https://www.amazon.com/Winter-Soldier-Daniel-Mason/dp/0316477605/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539448983&sr=8-1&keywords=the+winter+soldier+daniel+mason