The best occult detective TV shows feature investigators who aren't afraid to use unconventional methods to solve bizarre crimes. Some good supernatural crime shows feature typical humans working to solve supernatural mysteries while other paranormal detective tv shows follow investigators who use a range of supernatural abilities to close the case.
Supernatural is one of the best supernatural detective shows, not just for the spot-on name, but because it tells the story of a pair of brothers who use their heightened senses to hunt demons and other creatures throughout its 15 seasons. Twin Peaks – with its Black Lodge, The Man From Another Place, and evil entity Bob – is another great occult detective show as is Grimm. Even True Detective seasons one and three also include occult elements.
Which supernatural detective TV show is your favorite? Give the best series a vote up and please add any additional supernatural show suspects to this list.
- Photo: Lucifer / FoxLucifer (Fox, 2016) is an American fantasy police procedural comedy-drama television series developed by Tom Kapinos. The series revolves around Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis), the Devil, who abandons Hell for Los Angeles where he runs his own nightclub and becomes a consultant to the LAPD.... more
8219Great detective show?
- Actors: Tom Ellis, Lauren German, DB Woodside, Kevin Alejandro, Lesley-Ann Brandt
- Premiered: January 25, 2016
- Network: FOX, NETOV
- Photo: Grimm / NBCGrimm (NBC, 2011) is an American fantasy police procedural drama television series created by Stephen Carpenter, Jim Kouf, and David Greenwalt, inspired by stories from The Brothers Grimm. Homicide investigator Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) of the Portland Police Department learns he is descended from a line of guardians known as Grimms, charged with keeping balance between humanity and mythological creatures of the world.... more
7725Great detective show?
- Actors: David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Reggie Lee, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz
- Premiered: October 28, 2011
- Network: NBC
- Photo: Supernatural / CWSupernatural (The CW, 2005) is an American fantasy horror television series created by Eric Kripke. Two brothers, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles), follow their father's footsteps as "hunters", fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds, including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.... more
8434Great detective show?
- Actors: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, Alexander Calvert, Mark A. Sheppard
- Premiered: September 13, 2005
- Network: WB, CW
- Photo: NBCConstantine (NBC, 2014) is an American television series developed by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer. John Constantine (Matt Ryan), a British exorcist and occult detective, actively hunts supernatural entities.... more
425Great detective show?
- Actors: Matt Ryan, Harold Perrineau, Charles Halford, Angélica Celaya
- Premiered: October 24, 2014
- Network: NBC