Most people think of romance when they think of the "City of Light," so romantic movies based in Paris are a no-brainer. The city's elegant streets, world-famous landmarks, and natural beauty are the perfect setting for stories about people falling in love. The visual majesty of romantic films showing Paris heightens the emotions of the stories being told. In some cases, viewers might even feel inspired to hop on a plane and go there, just to visit the sites where certain movie scenes take place. Some of these films are romcoms while others are dramas but they are the best romance movies set in Paris. So if you are looking for more movies like 2 Days in Paris, you've come to the right place and might we suggest Forget Paris or Before Sunset?
You get to vote on the best romantic movies set in Paris. Vote up the ones that touch your heart the most. If you have a favorite romantic Paris movie, chances are it is on this list. But if it is not, feel free to add it so that other users can weigh in. Then be sure to check back to see where you selections and additions end up on the list.
If you like your movies with a little more bite, we also have a list of horror movies set in Paris.
- Photo: UGC-Fox DistributionAmélie is a 2001 romantic comedy film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Written by Jeunet with Guillaume Laurant, the film is a whimsical depiction of contemporary Parisian life, set in Montmartre. It tells the story of a shy waitress, played by Audrey Tautou, who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better, while struggling with her own isolation. The film was a co-production between companies in France and Germany. Grossing over $33 million in limited theatrical release, it is still the highest-grossing French-language film released in the United States. The film met with critical acclaim and was a major box-office success. Amélie won Best Film at the European Film... more
296Love this film?
- Actors: Audrey Tautou, Spencer Tracy, Joan Bennett, Dominique Pinon, Mathieu Kassovitz
- Released: 2001
- Directed by: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
- Photo: Midnight in Paris / Sony Pictures ClassicsMidnight in Paris is an American 2011 romantic comedy fantasy film written and directed by Woody Allen. Set in Paris, the film follows Gil Pender, a screenwriter, who is forced to confront the shortcomings of his relationship with his materialistic fiancée and their divergent goals, which become increasingly exaggerated as he travels back in time each night at midnight. The movie explores themes of nostalgia and modernism. Produced by the Spanish group Mediapro and Allen's Gravier Productions, the film stars Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, Léa Seydoux, Kathy Bates and Adrien Brody. It premiered at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and was released in North America in May 2011.... more
193Love this film?
- Actors: Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, Tom Hiddleston, Owen Wilson, Kathy Bates
- Released: 2011
- Directed by: Woody Allen
- Photo: Before Sunset / Warner Independent PicturesBefore Sunset is a 2004 American romantic drama film, the sequel to Before Sunrise. Like its predecessor, the film was directed by Richard Linklater. He shares screenplay credit with actors Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, and with Kim Krizan, the screenwriter for the first film featuring these two characters. The film picks up the story in Before Sunrise of the young American man and French woman who spent a passionate night together in Vienna. Their paths intersect nine years later in Paris, and the film appears to take place in real time as they spend an afternoon together. Before Sunset received broad critical acclaim with a 95% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It was nominated for an... more
219Love this film?
- Actors: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy, Vernon Dobtcheff, Marie Pillet, Albert Delpy
- Released: 2004
- Directed by: Richard Linklater
- Photo: French Kiss / 20th Century FoxFrench Kiss is a 1995 American romantic comedy film directed by Lawrence Kasdan and starring Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. Written by Adam Brooks, the film is about a woman who flies to France to confront her straying fiancé and gets into trouble.... more
144Love this film?
- Actors: Meg Ryan, Kevin Kline, Jean Reno, Timothy Hutton, Renée Humphrey
- Released: 1995
- Directed by: Lawrence Kasdan