As amazing as the Perry Mason cast is, it may come as a surprise to know that very few of them were ever nominated for awards for their performances on the show. Though some of the actors on Perry Mason were up for a Primetime Emmy Award and a few of them even won, many of the other characters remained sadly snubbed. Did the Emmys really nominate the best actors on Perry Mason for their work or should others have been up for the award instead? This is where you get to decide who was the best actor on Perry Mason. Even with main cast members like William Hopper and Barbara Hale, character actors such as Ray Collis, Lee Miller, and George E. Stone all held their own playing multiple roles over the seasons.
Here you'll find a list of the main cast and supporting actors on Perry Mason and have the chance to vote for your favorites. Just select the actor or actress who you think did the best job on the show and vote them up. Then see who comes out on top and claims the prize as the best Perry Mason actor of all time.
- Photo: ImdbWilliam Whitney Talman, Jr. (February 4, 1915 – August 30, 1968) was an American television and movie actor, best known for playing Los Angeles District Attorney Hamilton Burger in the television series Perry Mason.... more on Wikipedia
272Were they great on Perry Mason?
- Characters: Hamilton Burger
- Age: Dec. at 53 (1915-1968)
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, USA
Primetime Emmy Awards
Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role by an Actor or Actress in a Series- (1957- Win, 1961)
230Were they great on Perry Mason?
- Characters: Della Street
- Age: 98
- Birthplace: DeKalb, Illinois, United States of America
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesRay Bidwell Collins (December 10, 1889 – July 11, 1965) was an American character actor in stock and Broadway theatre, radio, films, and television. With 900 stage roles to his credit, he became one of the most successful actors in the developing field of radio drama. A friend and associate of Orson Welles for many years, Collins went to Hollywood with the Mercury Theatre company and made his feature-film debut in Citizen Kane (1941), as Kane's ruthless political rival. Collins appeared in more than 75 films and had one of his best-remembered roles on television, as the irascible Lieutenant Arthur Tragg on the television series Perry Mason.... more on Wikipedia
220Were they great on Perry Mason?
- Characters: Police Lt. Arthur Tragg
- Age: Dec. at 76 (1889-1965)
- Birthplace: USA, California, Sacramento
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair use
Primetime Emmy Awards
Best Supporting Actor (Continuing Character) in a Dramatic Series (1959)
190Were they great on Perry Mason?
- Characters: Paul Drake
- Age: Dec. at 55 (1915-1970)
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York