Still gotta catch 'em all, but don't want to play 3DS games? Here are the best Pokémon console games. This ranked list includes the most popular Pokémon games for N64, Wii, Wii U, and even the Nintendo Switch. As of 2018, there are no Pokémon games for PS4, but we're hoping that changes in the future!
Some of the top Pokémon games for Nintendo consoles are Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Snap, Pokkén Tournament, and Pokémon Quest.
Vote up the best Pokémon games for console, and see where they rank among the best Pokémon games of all time.
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, released in Japan as Pokémon XD Yami no Kaze Dark Lugia, is the second role-playing video game from Nintendo's Pokémon franchise for the Nintendo GameCube. It is the successor of the GameCube game Pokémon Colosseum. The game takes place in Orre, the setting of Pokémon Colosseum 's adventure mode. All of the Game Boy Advance Pokémon games can connect to this game through trading and Battle Mode.... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2005
- Platform: GameCube
- 66441Pokkén Tournament is a fighting video game developed by Bandai Namco Studios and published by The Pokémon Company. The game combines gameplay elements from Bandai Namco's Tekken series with characters from Nintendo's Pokémon franchise. It was released for Japanese arcades in July 2015, and worldwide for the Wii U in March 2016. An enhanced port for the Nintendo Switch, titled Pokkén Tournament DX, was released in September 2017. Pokkén Tournament is a fighting game in which two fighters battle against each other using various Pokémon, with gameplay shifting between "Field Phase" where the Pokémon move freely around the arena, and "Duel Phase" where they move relative to each other similar... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2016
- Platform: Wii U, Nintendo Switch
- Pokémon Battle Revolution is the first Wii incarnation of the Pokémon video game franchise. It is also the first Wii game to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in North America and Japan and the second Wii game to wirelessly interact with the Nintendo DS handheld. It was also the last Nintendo game to feature the Nintendo Player's Guide. Pokémon Battle Revolution features eleven different colosseums in a new land, a Pokémon-themed park called Pokétopia. Other features include stadiums that have their own special effects, such as randomizing the order of one's Pokémon. Some other effects are choosing the order of an opponent's Pokémon and setting level limitations. This was the first Pokémon... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2007
- Platform: Wii
- Pokémon Puzzle League is a puzzle game for the Nintendo 64 console. It is based on Nintendo's Puzzle League puzzle games, but with Pokémon likenesses. It was only available in North America starting in 2000, and in Europe in 2001, making it the first Pokémon game produced for North America. It is so far the only Pokémon game to be based on the Pokémon anime, released in US universe, and to feature Ash Ketchum. The game was released on the Virtual Console on May 5, 2008, in the North America region, and on May 30, 2008, in the European region.... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2000
- Platform: Wii, Nintendo 64