Some of the Pokémon games for Game Boy and Game Boy Advance are Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon Emerald, and the original Pokémon Red and Blue.
Vote up the best Game Boy Pokémon games, and see where they rank among the best Pokémon games of all time.
- Pokémon Crystal Version for the Game Boy Color, is the seventh game in the Pokémon video game series in Japan, and the sixth in North America and Europe. The game is an enhanced version of the previous two versions, Pokémon Gold and Silver, and was released in Japan on December 14, 2000. It was released in North America on July 29, 2001 and in Europe on November 2, 2001. Unlike its predecessors, it was developed specifically for the Game Boy Color, and is thus not compatible with the original Game Boy, its variants, and the Super Game Boy. The gameplay of Pokémon Crystal is largely the same as in Gold and Silver, although it holds new features. Along with Gold and Silver, it is one of the... more
- Release: 2001, 2018
- Platform: Game Boy Color, 3DS Virtual Console
- Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition, more commonly known as Pokémon Yellow Version, is a 1998 role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy handheld video game console. Along with the release of Pokémon Yellow, a special edition yellow Pokémon-themed Game Boy Color was also released.... more
- Release: 1998, 2016
- Platform: Game Boy Color, Game Boy, 3DS Virtual Console
- Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, originally released in Japan as Pocket Monsters: Red & Green, are role-playing video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy. They are the first installments of the Pokémon series. They were first released in Japan in 1996 as Red and Green, with Blue being released later in the year as a special edition. They were later released as Red and Blue in North America, Europe and Australia over the following three years. Pokémon Yellow, a special edition version, was released roughly a year later. Red and Green have subsequently been remade for the Game Boy Advance as Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, released in 2004. The... more
- Release: 1996, 2016
- Platform: Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, 3DS Virtual Console
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team are a matched pair of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance, respectively. These two games were developed by Chunsoft and published by Nintendo. It was the last Pokémon-themed video game to be released on the Game Boy Advance. The two versions are mostly identical, with the Blue version taking advantage of the dual-screen features and increased graphical capabilities of the Nintendo DS. The game has six Pokémon exclusive to each version. Similar to other Chunsoft 'Mystery dungeon' titles, the gameplay revolves around randomly changing dungeons which need to be explored by the player and... more
- Release: 2006, 2016
- Platform: Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Wii U Virtual Console