There is no doubt that all these movies are classics or at least memorable but one of them has to be the best of the Police Academy movies. Will it be the film that started it all back in 1984 or maybe one of the follow-ups in the series such as Police Academy 3: Back In Training or Police Academy: Missin to Moscow will make it to the top of the list?
If you've ever asked yourself, how many Police Academy movies are there? Look below to see all the Police Academy films listed with the year they were released so you can watch them chronologically or in order of best to worst.
Your votes will help determine the best movies in the Police Academy series. Vote up your favorites and vote down the Police Academy films you didn't like to ensure the right movie makes it to the top of the list.
- Photo: Warner Bros. PicturesPolice Academy is a 1984 comedy film directed by Hugh Wilson, and starring Steve Guttenberg, Kim Cattrall, and G.W. Bailey. It grossed approximately $146 million worldwide and spawned six more films in the Police Academy series.... more on Wikipedia
8923Is this a great movie?
- Actors: Kim Cattrall, Steve Guttenberg, Bubba Smith, Michael Winslow, George Gaynes
- Released: 1984
- Directed by: Hugh Wilson
- Photo: Warner Bros. PicturesPolice Academy 3: Back in Training is a 1986 comedy film directed by Jerry Paris. It is the third film and the second of the six sequels of the Police Academy film series. Despite receiving generally negative reviews, it is the first film in the series to have a PG rating and all films in the series afterwards received a PG rating as well.... more on Wikipedia
8120Is this a great movie?
- Actors: Steve Guttenberg, Bubba Smith, Bobcat Goldthwait, Michael Winslow, Shawn Weatherly
- Released: 1986
- Directed by: Jerry Paris
- Photo: Warner Bros.Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment is a 1985 comedy film directed by Jerry Paris. It is the first of six sequels in the Police Academy series. Many actors return from the first film to respectively reprise their roles. Steve Guttenberg reprises his role as Mahoney, the class clown; former American football player Bubba Smith returns as the man-mountain Hightower; Marion Ramsey is featured again as Laverne Hooks; David Graf returns as gun-crazy Officer Eugene Tackleberry; Michael Winslow returns as sound effects wizard Officer Larvell Jones, and veteran actor George Gaynes returns as Commandant Eric Lassard. This was the only film in the franchise that does not feature Leslie... more on Wikipedia
6620Is this a great movie?
- Actors: Steve Guttenberg, Jason Hervey, Bubba Smith, Bobcat Goldthwait, Rich Hall
- Released: 1985
- Directed by: Jerry Paris
- Photo: Warner Bros.Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol is the fourth comedy film in the Police Academy series. It was released in 1987. A group of Police Academy graduates are sent to train a group of newly recruited civilian officers. The original Police Academy cast reprise their roles in the film. Capt. Harris, not seen since the first installment, returns as the film's nemesis. In Police Academy 2 and 3, Capt. Mauser filled that role, but Metrano asked to be replaced for the remainder of the series after filming number 3. This was the last Police Academy Movie to feature Steve Guttenberg as Carey Mahoney. This film also stars a young David Spade, as well as a brief appearance from pro skateboarder Tony... more on Wikipedia
6319Is this a great movie?
- Actors: Sharon Stone, Steve Guttenberg, Bubba Smith, Bobcat Goldthwait, Michael Winslow
- Released: 1987
- Directed by: Jim Drake