The Best Pop Duos Of All-Time
Here are the greatest duos in pop music history. When pop music first came onto the scene, it immediately became an important component in the music industry. Some of the most famous songs of all time came from pop groups, and in some cases, it took just two people to crank out a hit.
From the 1970s, with bands like Simon and Garfunkel to more modern pop acts like La Roux, there have been plenty of great duos in pop music. You can still hear their songs on the radio all the time, and chances are good you have sung along to some of these bands in the shower at one point or another.
If you like your pop to have a bit of a new wave feel to it, then you have definitely cranked "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)" by the Eurythmics before.
On this list of pop duos you’ll find great male pop duos like Hall & Oates, as well as great female pop duos like Aly & AJ. Some prefer newer pop duos like the Chainsmokers, She & Him, and Icona Pop, while others prefer pop duos of the 80s, such as WHAM! You also can’t forget great pop duos of the 90’s, like OutKast and Savage Garden.
The best pop duos of all time are found right on this list. Who do you think deserves to be at the top?
- Simon & Garfunkel were an American folk rock duo consisting of singer-songwriter Paul Simon and singer Art Garfunkel. They are best known for achieving commercial and critical success in the 1960s. ...more
- The Carpenters were an American vocal and instrumental duo consisting of siblings Karen (1950–1983) and Richard Carpenter (b. 1946). They produced a distinct soft musical style, combining Karen's ...more
- Eurythmics were a British pop duo consisting of members Annie Lennox and David A. Stewart. Stewart and Lennox were both previously in the band the Tourists (originally known as the Catch), who broke ...more
- Tears for Fears are an English pop rock band formed in Bath, England, in 1981 by Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith. Founded after the dissolution of their first band, the mod-influenced Graduate, Tears ...more
The Righteous BrothersThe Righteous Brothers were the musical duo of Bobby Hatfield and Bill Medley. They recorded from 1963 through 1975 and continued to perform until Hatfield's death in 2003. Their emotive vocal ...more
- Pet Shop Boys are an English synth-pop duo, formed in London in 1981 and consisting of Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe. Pet Shop Boys have sold more than 100 million records worldwide, and are listed as ...more