Get ready to stick it to authority as we rank the greatest rebels in TV history. Believe it or not, rebels have been on television since the dawn of the medium. Whether they’re bad boys, anti-authoritarians, scorned heroes, women who buck the patriarchy, or even school teachers who take matters into their own hands, there’s usually at least one rebel in every group.
While most of these characters come from different backgrounds, the one thing they have in common is that they are all strong-willed and dynamic characters who will stop at nothing for what they think is right. From Walter White in Breaking Bad to Ruth Wilder in GLOW, these characters are known for sticking up for their principles - regardless of whether they’re right or wrong.
Vote up the greatest rebels and share the list with your friends. Don’t see your favorites? Give a rebel yell and add MORE, MORE, MORE characters to the list below!
- Game of Thrones, A Song of Ice and FireArya Stark is a fictional character created by American author George R. R. Martin. She is a prominent point of view character in Martin's award-winning A Song of Ice and Fire series, and also a main ...more
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Powers & Abilities: Healing factor, Superhuman strength, Prophetic dreamingBuffy Anne Summers is a fictional character from Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise. She first appeared in the 1992 film Buffy the Vampire Slayer before going on to appear in the ...more
- Breaking BadWalter Hartwell White is a fictional character. The main protagonist, and anti-hero, in the American television drama series Breaking Bad on AMC. He was created by series creator Vince Gilligan and ...more
- The Simpsons, The Tracey Ullman ShowBartholomew JoJo "Bart" Simpson is a fictional character in the animated television series The Simpsons and part of the Simpson family. He is voiced by Nancy Cartwright and first appeared on ...more
- Sons of AnarchyJackson Nathaniel "Jax" Teller is a fictional character and the protagonist on the FX television series Sons of Anarchy, played by British actor Charlie Hunnam. He was the President of the Sons of ...more
- Happy Days, Joanie Loves ChachiArthur Herbert Fonzarelli is a fictional character played by Henry Winkler in the American sitcom Happy Days. He was originally a secondary character, but was soon positioned as a lead character when ...more
- The Walking DeadDaryl Dixon is a fictional character from the horror drama television series The Walking Dead, which airs on AMC in the United States and is based on the comic book series of the same name. He was ...more
- 24, Journeys Below the Line: The Editing Process of 24Jack Bauer is a fictional character and the lead protagonist of the Fox television series 24. His character has worked in various capacities on the show, often as a member of the Counter Terrorist ...more
- Firefly, SerenityMalcolm "Mal" Reynolds is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Firefly franchise. Mal is played by actor Nathan Fillion in the 2002 TV series Firefly and the 2005 film Serenity. In the ...more
- Marvel Universe
Powers & Abilities: FlightJessica Campbell Jones Cage is a fictional character appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Michael Gaydos, Jones first appeared in ...more
Jesse KatsopolisFull House, Hangin' with MichelleCousin Stavros is a fictional character on the sitcom Full House.
- Parks and RecreationRonald Ulysses "Ron" Swanson is a fictional character portrayed by Nick Offerman from the situation comedy television series Parks and Recreation on NBC, created by Greg Daniels and Michael Schur. In ...more
- beverly Hills, 90210Dylan McKay is a fictional character from the Tv series Beverly Hills, 90210. ...more
Mark HealyRoseanneMark Healy is a fictional character from the 1988 tv series Roseanne.
- GLOWRuth Wilder is a fictional character from the TV series GLOW who wrestles under the name Zoya the Destroya. She is portrayed by Alison Brie. ...more
- Freaks and GeeksDaniel Desario is a fictional character from the tv series Freaks and Geeks. ...more
- Agent Carter, Captain America: The First AvengerMargaret "Peggy" Carter is a fictional character appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics, usually as a supporting character in books featuring Captain America. Created by writer Stan Lee ...more
- Burn Notice, Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam AxeMichael Alan Westen is a fictional character played by Jeffrey Donovan in the television series Burn Notice, created by Matt Nix. Michael, a spy and former Army Ranger, is/was widely known as the top ...more
Cookie LyonEmpireCookie Lyon is a fictional character from the tv series Empire.
Nora DurstThe Leftovers