Red Dirt country is an is a subset of country music that developed by combining traditional roots sounds with more outlaw-style lyrics. It is also sometimes referred to as Texas country music, but this specific sub set developed in Stillwater, OK by musicians like Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Red Dirt country is all about rebelling against the mainstream Nashville style that was popular during the 60s and 70s. Typically, it involves an acoustic guitar and a folksy/ Americana Okie sound. It's also closely associated with Texas country and outlaw music.
- 1Cross Canadian Ragweed's song about life spent running from the law and missing and old love.
Robert Earl Keen's song is a song that retraces his career through his perspective.
- 3Jason Boland & The Stragglers' song about the comforts of the lonestar state.
- 5Cross Canadian Ragweed's song about missing a lover so badly.
- 6A song about loving someone wholly for one night.
- 7Song about a broken heart and broken relationship.
Turnpike troubadours, all there songs are great but I had to pick one
- 9Song about the harsh realities of life and our wayward tendencies.
- 10Robert Earl Keen's song about hanging out and having good times in your favotire bar.
- 13A song about life's troubles and just pushing on through.
- 16Popular James McMurtry song that also appears in the film Beer for my Horses.
- 17A song about letting loose, having fin, and going dancing.
- 18Pat Green's song about redemption
- 19Randy Rogers Band's song about getting a relationship started
- 20A song about a cheating man and the woman that puts up with it.
- 21A song about wayward traveling and a busted relationship.
- 22Hoeybrowne's song about the difficulties of letting go of a loved one.
- 23The Kevin Fowler Texas anthem is about good old Texas past times.
- 24A song about being on the road with the band for a long time.
- 25'Wade Bowen's song about returning to a small town and small town life