There is no doubt that all these movies are classics or at least memorable but one of them has to be the best of the RoboCop movies. Will it be the first RoboCop film that started it all back in 1987 or maybe one of the follow-ups in the series such as RoboCop 3 or the RoboCop reboot released in 2014 will make it to the top of the list?
If you've ever asked yourself, how many RoboCop movies are there? Look below to see all the films featuring your favorite cyborg peace officer listed with the year they were released so you can watch them chronologically or in order of best to worst. Filmed in both Pennsylvania and Texas, the RoboCop movies take place in a futuristic Detroit, but which one is your favorite.
Your votes will help determine the best movies in the RoboCop series. Vote up your favorites and vote down the RoboCop films you didn't like to ensure the right movie makes it to the top of the list.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons (CC-BY)RoboCop is a 1987 American cyberpunk action film directed by Paul Verhoeven and written by Edward Neumeier and Michael Miner. Set in a crime-ridden Detroit, Michigan, in the near future, RoboCop centers on police officer Alex Murphy (Weller) who is murdered by a gang of criminals and subsequently revived by the megacorporation Omni Consumer Products (OCP) as a superhuman cyborg law enforcer known as RoboCop.... more
331Is this a great part of the franchise?
- Actors: Alex Van Halen, Peter Weller, Leeza Gibbons, Nancy Allen, Paul Verhoeven
- Released: 1987
- Directed by: Paul Verhoeven
- Photo: OrionRoboCop 2 is a 1990 American cyberpunk action film directed by Irvin Kershner and starring Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O'Herlihy, Belinda Bauer, Tom Noonan and Gabriel Damon. Set in the near future in a dystopian metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, it is the sequel to the 1987 film RoboCop. The film received mixed reviews from critics. The plot element of Detroit filing for bankruptcy later received attention from the news media after the fictionalized event actually happened in 2013. It was the final film directed by Irvin Kershner.... more
218Is this a great part of the franchise?
- Actors: Peter Weller, Leeza Gibbons, Nancy Allen, Fabiana Udenio, John Glover
- Released: 1990
- Directed by: Irvin Kershner
- Photo: OrionRoboCop 3 is a 1993 American cyberpunk action film directed by Fred Dekker and written by Frank Miller and Dekker. Set in the near future in a dystopian metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, RoboCop 3 follows RoboCop as he vows to avenge his partner Anne Lewis and tries to save Detroit from falling into chaos. It was filmed in Atlanta, Georgia. Most of the buildings seen in the film were slated for demolition to make way for facilities for the 1996 Olympics. Nancy Allen, Robert DoQui, Felton Perry, Mario Machado, and Angie Bolling are the only cast members to appear in all three films. RoboCop 3 is the first film to use digital morphing in more than one scene.... more
1121Is this a great part of the franchise?
- Actors: Eva LaRue, Jill Hennessy, Rip Torn, C. C. H. Pounder, Nancy Allen
- Released: 1993
- Directed by: Fred Dekker
- Photo: Sony PicturesRoboCop is a 2014 action science fiction film written by Michael Miner, Edward Neumeier, Nick Schenk and 2 others and directed by José Padilha.... more
718Is this a great part of the franchise?
- Actors: Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Abbie Cornish, Jay Baruchel
- Released: 2014
- Directed by: José Padilha