There's nothing like a great romance anime. Anime movies are an especially good way to get absorbed into a touching love story, because you don't have to wait around for the next episode - the fate of the lovers will usually be present in the film itself. Also, anime movies often have fabulous animation.
Which are the best romance anime movies? Pretty much anything love-themed that's created by Studio Ghibli or Makoto Shinkai is worth mentioning - we especially want to highlight Howl's Moving Castle and Your Name. But these giants of the genre aren't the only ones creating great romantic films. Looking for something that will make you cry buckets? Try I Want to Eat Your Pancreas. Looking for a good time? Try The Night is Short, Walk on Girl.
No matter what you choose, these love stories are bound to make your heart beat faster.
- 1473 VOTESPhoto: A Silent Voice / Kyoto Animation
- 2510 VOTESPhoto: Your Name / CoMix Wave Films
- 3247 VOTESPhoto: Josee, the Tiger and the Fish / Bones
- 4332 VOTESPhoto: I Want to Eat Your Pancreas / Studio VOLN
- 5289 VOTESPhoto: Howl's Moving Castle / Studio Ghibli
- 6177 VOTES
Whisper of the HeartPhoto: Whisper of the Heart / Studio Ghibli