These are the best modern romance movies that make you want to fall in love if you're not already and make you appreciate the person who has your affection if you are. The appeal of cinematic romance is obvious. Everybody wants to care and be cared about. We all want to remember that love makes life better. Such an optimistic, inspiring message is important to embrace in today's complicated world.
Whether they're aiming for your heart, your mind, or your funny bone, many new romantic films fulfill their mission of celebrating what it means to love someone. This list is also great for those looking to watch the best romantic comedies in the last three years.
Vote up your favorites from this list of current romance movies. Don't see the one that makes you swoon the most? Please add it so that other users can rank it. Don't forget to check back later on to see how your additions fare.
- In the years after the Civil War, Jo March lives in New York and makes her living as a writer, while her sister Amy studies painting in Paris. Amy has a chance encounter with Theodore, a childhood ...more
- Seventeen-year-old Stella spends most of her time in the hospital as a cystic fibrosis patient. Her life is full of routines, boundaries and self-control -- all of which get put to the test when she ...more
- Jack Malik is a struggling singer-songwriter in an English seaside town whose dreams of fame are rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood best friend, Ellie. After a ...more
- Two brokenhearted people give love advice to each other.
- Last Christmas is a 2019 British romantic comedy film directed by Paul Feig. Working as an elf in a Christmas shop, a woman (Emilia Clarke) encounters a man (Henry Golding) who may be exactly what ...more
- Beautiful, smart and wealthy, Emma Woodhouse navigates her way through misguided matches, romantic missteps and the challenges of growing up -- all to finally realize the love that has been there all ...more
- As her relationship with Peter continues to grow, Lara Jean reunites with another recipient of one of her old love letters.
- A stage director and his actor wife struggle through a grueling divorce that pushes them to their limits.
- Fed up with being single on holidays, two strangers agree to be each other's platonic plus-ones all year long, only to catch real feelings along the way.
- Stuck in a time loop, two wedding guests develop a budding romance while living the same day over and over again.
- After meeting each other, two people struggle with the emotional and physical scars of their past. They discover that even the smallest moments can mean something.
- Dumped by her long-term boyfriend, a music journalist recruits her two best friends for one last outrageous adventure in New York City before she moves to San Francisco.
- A shy, introverted student helps the school jock woo a girl whom, secretly, they both want.
- West Side Story is a 2021 American romantic musical film directed by Steven Spielberg, based on the Broadway musical by Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim. Teenagers Tony (Ansel Elgort) and Maria ...more
- In this heartwarming romantic adventure, a timeless re-telling of the 1955 animated classic, Lady, an overachieving, pampered American Cocker Spaniel house dog and Tramp, a tough but lovable, ...more
- Can You Keep a Secret? is a 2019 American romantic comedy film directed by Elise Duran and based on the novel of the same name by Sophie Kinsella. Thinking they're about to crash, Emma (Alexandra ...more
- Fred Flarsky is a gifted and free-spirited journalist who has a knack for getting into trouble. Charlotte Field is one of the most influential women in the world -- a smart, sophisticated and ...more
- Rebecca is a 2020 British American drama film directed by Ben Wheatly. A woman finds herself living in the shadow of her wealthy husband's previous wife.
- Tessa Young is a dedicated student, dutiful daughter and loyal girlfriend to her high school sweetheart. Entering her first semester of college, Tessa's guarded world opens up when she meets Hardin ...more
- A high school student creates an app to offer his services as a fake date to make money for college. When he develops feelings for someone, his plan gets complicated.
- A college student's relationship with a troubled youth gets put to the test when she meets another man who's attracted to her.
- A snowstorm brings a group of young people together.
- When Mickey is introduced to Chloe one hot summer night in Athens, the attraction between the pair is immediately palpable -- so palpable that before they know it they're waking up naked on the beach ...more
- Theodore Decker was 13 years old when his mother was killed in a bombing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. The tragedy changes the course of his life, sending him on a stirring odyssey ...more
- As Tessa makes a life-changing decision, revelations about her family and Hardin's past threaten to derail her plans and end the couple's intense relationship.