All the seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race have been great, but which seasons really werk? Drag superstars compete in challenges, lip-sync for their lives, work the runway, and more all under the expert guidance of RuPaul. Some of the most memorable contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race come from different seasons, so picking the top season isn't easy. To determine once and for all what the best seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race are, let's rank every RuPaul's Drag Race season from best to worst.
RuPaul's Drag Race is a reality competition series featuring contestants going head-to-head, showing off their charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent to be named “America's next drag superstar.” RuPaul's Drag Race premiered on Logo on February 2, 2009 and moved to VH1 for the ninth season and beyond. The series, which is produced by World of Wonder, and has earned RuPaul four consecutive Emmys (2016 to 2019) for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program.
Vote up your favorite seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race, and vote down any seasons that were busted, despite how much you loved any individual contestants. It can feel shady to put one RuPaul's Drag Race season over the other when there are so many seasons that give you life, which is why you can vote on however many seasons you like.
RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 6
The sixth season of RuPaul's Drag Race premiered on February 24, 2014 and contains 14 episodes. This season finds Miles Moody and Simon Sherry-Wood appearing as new members of the pit crew.
Winners of RuPaul's Drag Race season 6 received prizes including a supply from Colorevolution Cosmetics and a cash prize of $100,000.
Contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race season 6: Bianca Del Rio, Adore Delano, Courtney Act, Darienne Lake, BenDeLaCreme, Joslyn Fox, Trinity K. Bonet, Laganja Estranja, Milk, Gia Gunn, April Carrión, Vivacious, Magnolia Crawford, and Kelly Mantle.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including "Scream Queens," "Drag Queens of Talk," and "Glitter Ball."
Memorable moments from Season 6 include:
- The queens create horror movies.
- Bianca impersonates Judge Judy.
- The queens interview Chaz Bono and Georgia Holt.
Lip-sync Songs from season 6:
673123Did this season shantay?
- "Express Yourself" (Madonna)
- "Turn the Beat Around" (Vicki Sue Robinson)
- "Shake It Up" (Selena Gomez)
- I'm Every Woman" (Chaka Khan)
- "Head to Toe" (Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam)
- "Whatta Man" (Salt-n-Pepa with En Vogue)
- "Point of No Return" (Exposé)
- "Stupid Girls" (Pink)
- Vibeology" (Paula Abdul)
- "Think" (Aretha Franklin)
- "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" (Kelly Clarkson)
- "Sissy That Walk" (RuPaul)
RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 5
The fifth season of RuPaul's Drag Race premiered on January 30, 2012 and contains 14 episodes. This season features the most contestants thus far in the series with 14.
Winners of RuPaul's Drag Race season 5 received the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar" along with a lifetime supply of Colorevolution Cosmetics, a one-of-a-kind trip courtesy of AlandChuck.travel, a headlining spot on Logo's Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut Vodka and a cash prize of $100,000.
Contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race season 5: Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska, Roxxxy Andrews, Detox, Coco Montrese, Alyssa Edwards, Ivy Winters, Jade Jolie, Lineysha Sparx, Honey Mahogany, Vivienne Pinay, Monica Beverly Hillz, Serena ChaCha, and Penny Tration.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including "Lip Synch Extravaganza Eleganza," "Can I Get An Amen?," and "Sugar Ball."
Memorable moments from Season 5 include:
- The queens roast RuPaul and the judges.
- Wilmer Valderrama hosts a Latin telenovela acting challenge.
- The queens design candy couture.
Lip-sync Songs from season 5:
626114Did this season shantay?
- "Party in the U.S.A." (Miley Cyrus)
- "Only Girl (In the World)" (Rihanna)
- "When I Grow Up" (The Pussycat Dolls)
- "Oops!... I Did It Again" (Britney Spears)
- "Take Me Home" (Cher)
- "I'm So Excited" (The Pointer Sisters)
- "Whip My Hair" (Willow Smith)
- "Ain't Nothin' Goin' on But the Rent" (Gwen Guthrie)
- "Cold Hearted" (Paula Abdul)
- "(It Takes) Two to Make It Right" (Seduction)
- "Malambo No. 1" (Yma Sumac)
- "The Beginning" (RuPaul)
RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 12
The twelfth season of RuPaul's Drag Race premiered on February 28, 2020 and contains 13 episodes. This season found contestant Sherry Pie disqualified and mostly edited out of the show after revelations of misconduct were confirmed. The finale was held virtually and for the final lip-synch to "Survivor" by Destiny's Child, the final three queens were sent the materials to create matching sets in their home.
Winners of RuPaul's Drag Race season 12 received the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar," a one-year supply of Anastasia Beverly Hills cosmetics, and a cash prize of $100,000.
Contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race season 12: Crystal Methyd, Gigi Goode, Jaida Essence Hall, Sherry Pie, Jackie Cox, Heidi N Closet, Widow Von'Du, Jan, Brita, Aiden Zhane, Nicky Doll, Rock M. Sakura, Dahlia Sin
This season features several unforgettable episodes including "World's Worst," "Gay's Anatomy," and "Madonna: The Unauthorized Rusical."
Memorable moments from Season 12 include:
- The queens write and record an original Fosse-inspired jazz number.
- Whoopi Goldberg is the audience for the queen's solo show challenge.
- The queens design an extravagant and unnecessary product to sell in an infomercial.
Lip-sync Songs from season 12:
442153Did this season shantay?
- "Call Your Girlfriend" (Robyn)
- "Problem" (Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea)
- "S&M" (Rihanna)
- "Heart to Break" (Kim Petras)
- "Let It Go" (Caissie Levy)
- "Burning Up" (Madonna)
- "This Is My Night" (Chaka Khan)
- "Firework" (Katy Perry)
- "Kill the Lights" (Alex Newell and DJ Cassidy ft. Nile Rodgers)
- "1999" (Prince)
- "On the Floor" (Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull)
- "Bring Back My Girls" (RuPaul)
- "I'm Like A Bird" (Nelly Furtado)
- "Take On Me" (A-Ha)
- "Get Up" (Ciara)
- "Survivor" (Destiny's Child)
RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 4
The fourth season of RuPaul's Drag Race premiered on January 30, 2012 and contains 14 episodes. This season is the first in the series' history to feature two runners-up.
Winners of RuPaul's Drag Race season 4 received a headlining spot on Logo's Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut Vodka, won a one-of-a-kind trip, a lifetime supply of NYX Cosmetics, and a cash prize of $100,000.
Contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race season 4: Sharon Needles, Chad Michaels, Phi Phi O'Hara, Latrice Royale, Kenya Michaels, DiDa Ritz, Willam, Jiggly Caliente, Milan, Madame LaQueer, The Princess, Lashauwn Beyond, and Alisa Summers.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including "RuPocalypse Now!," "Glamazons vs. Champions," and "The Final Three."
Memorable moments from Season 4 include:
- The queens compete in a G.L.O.W.-like wrestling competition.
- The queens engage in a political debate.
- All three finalists perform the lip-sync song.
Lip-sync Songs from season 4:
435179Did this season shantay?
- "Toxic" (Britney Spears)
- "Bad Girls" (Donna Summer)
- "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" (Natalie Cole)
- "Trouble" (Pink)
- "Vogue" (Madonna)
- "Born This Way" (Lady Gaga)
- "Mi Vida Loca" (Pam Tillis)
- "It's Raining Men (The Sequel)" (Martha Wash and RuPaul)
- "I've Got to Use My Imagination" (Gladys Knight)
- "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" (Aretha Franklin)
- "No One Else on Earth" (Wynonna Judd)
- "Glamazon" (RuPaul)