The Best Episodes of 'Sanditon'
It's safe to say that we traded Lizzie Bennet for Charlotte Heywood when the first episode of Sanditon premiered in 2019. Based on Jane Austen's final and unfinished novel about love in a seaside town, the show is actively rewriting its ending as each season airs. Each Sanditon episode is full of drama, intrigue, and lusty stares across garden parties, but which ones really stand out?
Do you like season 1, episode 7 the best, where Charlotte and Sidney finally kiss after a season of avoiding their feelings? Maybe season 2, episode 6 is your favorite where Charlotte finally understands why Sidney left for Antigua. To determine once and for all what the best episodes of Sanditon are, let's rank every Sanditon episode from best to worst.
Vote up your favorite episodes of Sanditon, and vote down any bad episodes that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you love the series as a whole. Just like finding the right suitor, it can be agonizing to put one Sanditon episode over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many episodes you like. If you want suggestions for more regency romance, The Best Movies Based On Jane Austen Books and The Best TV Shows Based on Jane Austen's Books are what you're looking for. For more modern fare, check out TV Shows Jane Austen Would Watch.
- Original Airing: October 06, 2019
- Episode Description: As the summer regatta approaches, the success of the resort hangs in the balance; Sidney wrestles with his feelings toward an old flame.
- Original Airing: September 29, 2019
- Episode Description: Charlotte and Sidney join forces to try and rescue Miss Lambe; Tom tries to save Sanditon and his marriage; Edward and Clara devise a plan to seize Lady Denham's legacy.
- Original Airing: September 01, 2019
- Episode Description: Charlotte and Sidney clash again, only for Charlotte to be left confused by a chance encounter; tensions surrounding Miss Lambe's arrival in Sanditon erupt at Lady Denham's luncheon; Esther and Edward realize that Clara poses a threat.
- Original Airing: August 25, 2019
- Episode Description: An accident brings Charlotte Heywood to Sanditon, where she is keen to experience everything the town has to offer, but is shocked by its scheming and ambitious inhabitants.
- Original Airing: September 08, 2019
- Episode Description: Charlotte sets out to avoid Sidney until an accident forces them together; when Tom brings a new doctor to the town, he and Lady Denham clash; Clara makes a bold move in her bid to outplay Sir Edward and Esther.
- Original Airing: October 13, 2019
- Episode Description: On the night of the Midsummer Ball, romantic interests are finally resolved, but events conspire to leave Charlotte and the Parker family facing down impossible choices.