List of the best Saturday Night Live movies, as ranked by SNL fan, movie critics, and film lovers. Saturday Night Live has a long history of creating memorable sketches and characters that are remembered long after the actor who created the character has left the show. Some of the most talented comedians of all times, such as Mike Myers, Will Ferrell, and John Belushi, created hilarious characters on SNL that were so popular that they warranted a feature length film. Only 11 movies in the 39 year history of SNL have been made from sketches, but the films were each memorable.
Starting in 1980, Saturday Night Live movies have been bringing to life characters who had never spent more than ten minutes at a time on screen. The Blues Brothers, directed by legendary director John Landis, was the first SNL film and earned a sequel 18 years later. Wayne’s World and its sequel were perhaps the most popular and highest-grossing SNL movies ever made.While the other movies have yet to live up to the success of those early SNL films,they’re still fun for SNL fans.
What are the best SNL feature films of all time? This list features all of the Saturday Night Live movies ever made and ranked in order of quality.
- A big screen spin-off of the "Saturday Night Live" skit. Rob Lowe plays a producer that wants to take the public access "Wayne's World" to the world of commercial television. Wayne (Mike Myers) and ...more
- After his release from prison, Jake (John Belushi) reunites with his brother, Elwood (Dan Aykroyd) -- collectively known as the "Blues Brothers." Jake's first task is to save the orphanage the ...more
- After Wayne Campbell (Mike Myers) has a dream in which Jim Morrison tells him to put on a rock concert, he and fellow late-night TV star Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) try their hand at promoting. Several ...more
- Cone-headed extraterrestrials Beldar (Dan Aykroyd) and Prymaat (Jane Curtin) find themselves in New Jersey after a recon mission for their home planet of Remulak goes awry. Stranded, they are forced ...more
- Despite being well into adulthood, brothers Doug (Chris Kattan) and Steve Butabi (Will Ferrell) still live at home and work in the flower shop owned by their dad (Dan Hedaya). They exist only to hit ...more
- After being ejected from his job for one too many vulgar and inappropriate comments, Leon (Tim Meadows) unsuccessfully seeks employment from every radio station in Chicago. He receives a mysterious ...more
- Orphaned after the death of her parents and raised by her strict grandmother (Glynis Johns), awkward Roman Catholic high-school student Mary Katherine Gallagher (Molly Shannon) dreams about dating ...more
- In the decade since his fiancee was killed, an Army Ranger, Green Beret and Navy SEAL rolled into one (Will Forte) has sworn off fighting crime, preferring instead to rock his mullet as a man of ...more
- The now-brotherless Ellwood Blues (Dan Aykroyd) is finally out of prison, attempting to reunite the old band and find a few new partners in crime (John Goodman), (J. Evan Bonifant). In this sequel to ...more
- This film is an American 1994 comedy film directed by Adam Bernstein and starring Julia Sweeney, Dave Foley, Charles Rocket, and Kathy Griffin. The film was based on the Saturday Night Live ...more
- Stuart Saves His Family is a 1995 comedy film directed by Harold Ramis, and based on a series of Saturday Night Live sketches from the early to mid-1990s. The movie tracks the adventures of would-be ...more