The Best Scottish Actresses of All Time
Female actors from Scotland, dead or alive. Vote based on their entire body of work.
It's no easy task determining the best Scottish actresses of all time. But this list, ranked but movie goers and film buffs just like you, features all the Scottish women who are known for their incredible acting and have made names for themselves in Hollywood as some of the top actresses from Scotland in the history of film. Who are the all-time top Scottish actresses?
These women have portrayed memorable characters, turned in top notch performances, and been celebrated with many prestigious awards. From great Scottish actresses like Deborah Kerr and Rowena Cooper, to younger actresses like Game of Thrones's newcomer Rose Leslie, many of the best actresses in the world hail from Scotland.This list features the most talented Scottish actresses of all time including Rowena Cooper, Tilda Swinton, Margo Cunningham, Deborah Kerr, Barbara Rafferty, and Eileen Herlie. Don't see your favorite actress from Scotland? Add her below so other film fans can vote. Then, be sure to vote and rerank the list according to who you think are the best Scottish actresses to have ever graced the screen.
- From Here to Eternity, An Affair to Remember, The King and I
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Oculus, Doctor Who: Space and Time
- No Country for Old Men, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, Trainspotting
- Wedding Crashers, The Great Gatsby, Rango
- Now Is Good, Purves + Pekkala, Honeymoon
- The Lord of the Rings, Calendar Girls, The Slipper and the Rose