It's such a great series, so let's rank every season of Fargo from best to worst. In case you're not familiar with Fargo, it was indeed inspired by the 1996 Coen Brothers movie of the same name. Each season of Fargo features a new storyline and new cast, though there are occasionally minor overlaps. Though the show's only completed three seasons, fans can expect a fourth season of Fargo, and more great stories from this anthology series. The dark-comedy series involves murder, the mob, and all other manner of mayhem. Some of the stars of various seasons of Fargo include Billy Bob Thornton, Kirstin Dunst, and Ewan MacGregor.
If you're a long time fan of Fargo, then be sure and vote on your favorite season to help determine which was the best. If you're new to the show or can't remember which season was which, don't worry. You'll find a brief overview of each season to help you get a feel for what it entails.
Fargo - Season 1
The first season of Fargo premiered on April 15, 2014 and contains 10 episodes. In this season, a drifter named Malvo leads a small-town insurance salesman named Lester down a dark path. Meanwhile, local cops attempt to unravel a series of murders.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "The Crocodile's Dilemma," "Easting the Blame," and "Buridan's Ass."
Memorable moments from Season 1 include:
- Molly begins to suspect Lester may have a part in the murders that have been taking place in their small Minnesota town.
- Lester concocts a plan that only leads him further into darkness.
- Two police officers cast their suspicions on Lester and Malvo.
Fargo - Season 2
The second season of Fargo premiered on October 12, 2015 and contains 10 episodes. This season finds a young state police officer and Vietnam vet named Lou Solverson trying to unravel a case that involves a local gang, the mob, and a beautician and her husband.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "Loplop," "The Castle," and "Rhinoceros."
Memorable moments from Season 2 include:
- A shooting in a diner in a small Minnesota town sets a series of events in motion for Lou.
- Ed and Peggy are questioned by Lou.
- The cops use Ed and Peggy as bait in an attempt to go after the Kansas City mob.
Fargo - Season 3
The third season of Fargo premiered on April 19, 2017 and contains 10 episodes. This season is set in 2010 and revolves around two brothers named Emmit and Ray. While Emmit sees himself as a successful "Parking Lot King," his brother Ray finds himself sick of living in his brother's shadow.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "The Land of No Mercy," "Aporia," and "Who Rules the Land of Denial?"
Memorable moments from Season 3 include:
- Ray and his wife Nikki unsuccessfully attempt to rob Emmit.
- Emmit attempts to separate himself from a shady organization, but finds it has other plans.
- Nikki shoots a state trooper with disastrous consequences.