The Best Seasons of 'Futurama'
For this poll we're ranking the best seasons of Futurama, with the help of your votes. Which season of Futurama really had you hooked? Whether you liked the earlier seasons that aired on Fox, or the Comedy Central seasons that aired after that network revived the series, vote up the top Futurama seasons that you think are the greatest. Most people would agree that the earlier seasons are the best, but there really were some great episodes toward the end of the show, too.
- 1137 VOTES
Futurama Season - 3
The third season of Futurama premiered on February 4, 2001 and contains 22 episodes. This season sees more alien encounters, more Bender, and Fry doing something about his relationship with Leela.
This season contains several unforgettable episodes including: "Bendless Love," "The Cyber House Rules," and "Godfellas."
Memorable moments from Season 3 include:
- Bender becomes a musician.
- Leela finds herself in a Wizard of Oz-like world.
- Fry mates with his grandmother so he will still exist.
- 2187 VOTES
Futurama Season - 4
The first season of Futurama premiered on January 12, 2003 and contains 13 episodes. This season features Leela and Fry going down to the sewers, Leela learning her true heritage, Bender doing ever crazier robot stunts, and Zoidberg becoming a superhero (of sorts).
This season contains several unforgettable episodes including: "Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV," "The Why of Fry," and "The Farnsworth Paradox."
Memorable moments from Season 4 include:
- Kif becomes pregnant.
- Bender becomes female.
- Most of the organic cast becomes much younger through de-aging.
- 3150 VOTES
Futurama Season - 1
The first season of Futurama premiered on March 28, 1999 and contains 13 episodes. This season introduces viewers to Philip Fry, a pizza delivery boy who wakes up in the year 2999 after being trapped in a cryogenic capsule in the year 1999.
This season contains several unforgettable episodes including: "I, Roommate," "Hell Is Other Robots," and "When Aliens Attack."
Memorable moments from Season 1 include:
- Fry wakes up from his cryogenic sleep and sees the new world.
- Bender goes on a rampage over apartment blues.
- Fry goes on a spending spree for 20th century things.
- 4125 VOTES
Futurama Season - 2
The second season of Futurama premiered on November 21, 1999 and contains 19 episodes. This season shows a host of discoveries and revelations that show the year 3000 is more exciting than the 20th century every was.
This season contains several unforgettable episodes including: "A Head in the Polls," "Why Must I Be a Crustacean in Love?" and "A Clone of My Own."
Memorable moments from Season 2 include:
- Richard Nixon (as a head) runs for president again.
- Bender joins the Robot Mafia.
- Fry finds out his old girlfriend from 1999 was also cryogenically frozen.
- Photo: Comedy Central5125 VOTES
Futurama Season - 5
The fifth season of Futurama premiered on March 23, 2008 and contains 16 episodes. This season finds the show moving from Fox to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, after initially being canceled by Fox.
This season contains several unforgettable episodes including: "Bender's Big Score 3," "Bender's Game 3," and "Into the Wild Green Yonder 2."
Memorable moments from Season 5 include:
- Fry discovers what the tattoo on his butt does.
- Leela gets heartbroken at her wedding.
- Bender struggles at the Insane Asylum.
- Photo: Comedy Central684 VOTES
Futurama - Season - 7
The seventh season of Futurama premiered on June 20, 2012 and contains 26 episodes. This season focuses on Fry's personal life as he finds his parents and decides to marry Leela.
This season contains several unforgettable episodes including: "The Six Million Dollar Mon," "31st Century Fox," and "Saturday Morning Fun Pit."
Memorable moments from Season 7 include:
- Bender fathers a robot son with a vending machine.
- Fry gets drunk during Oktoberfest .
- The cast are animals in "Naturama."