It's hard to say what the best season of Game of Thrones is, but winter is coming and we want you to vote up your favorites. Fans will also enjoy voting for most hated GoT characters and dead characters we miss the most. For this poll we're ranking every season of Game of Thrones from best to worst, with the help of your votes.
A cultural phenomenon that took the world by storm, Game of Thrones has cemented itself not only as one of HBO's best series of all time, but as one of the best TV shows ever, from any network. What season of Game of Thrones really had you hooked? Whether you liked the earlier seasons or the most recent one, vote up the top Game of Thrones seasons and downvote any you felt were a little dry.
Depending on who your favorite characters are, you might prefer different seasons. If you loved Ned Stark then you probably enjoyed Season 1, whereas fans of Khaleesi might enjoy Game of Thrones Season 3 or 4 the most. As we wait for Game of Thrones Season 8, it's time to see where GoT Season 7 ranks. What is the best GoT season?
The fourth season of Game of Thrones premiered on April 6, 2014 and contains 10 episodes. This season finds the Lannisters turning on each other while Jon Snow works for peace against a common enemy.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "The Lion and the Rose," "The Watchers on the Wall," and "The Children."
- King Joffrey is murdered at the Purple Wedding.
- Sansa escapes King's Landing with Littlefinger, returning to the Vale.
- Tyrion escapes and seeks vengeance.
- The Wildlings attack Cast Black, leading to the deaths of Ygritte, Pyp, and Grenn.
- Ramsay Bolton tortures Theon Greyjoy, forcing him to assume the identity of Reek.
- Daenerys learns the truth about Jorah Mormont and exiles him from Mereen.
Game of Thrones Season 6
The sixth season of Game of Thrones premiered on April 24, 2016, and contains 10 episodes. This season sees many changes throughout the Realm. Dany's dragons come into their own, Jon and Sansa are reunited, Hodor holds the door, we learn Jon Snow's true parentage, and Cersei loses another child.
Season 6 includes memorable episodes such as "The Red Woman," "The Door, " "Battle of the Bastards," and "The Winds of Winter."
- Melisandre raises Jon Snow from the dead.
- Olenna Tyrell sasses the Sand Snakes.
- Ramsay Bolton is killed following the Battle of the Bastards.
- Euron Greyjoy returns to take control of the Iron Islands, but Yara and Theon make off with the fleet under his nose, sailing for Mereen to join Dany.
- Jon Snow is declared The King in the North.
- Bran becomes the Three-Eyed Raven and Hodor dies saving him.
- Arya leaves the House of Black and White and crosses Walder Frey off her list.
- Cersei overthrows the Faith Militant, but loses Tommen, who commits suicide. She is then crowned queen.
- Dany names Tyrion Hand of the Queen and finally sails for Westeros.
The third season of Game of Thrones premiered on March 31, 2013 and contains 10 episodes. This season finds the Lannisters in control of the kingdom, but inner conflict threatens to take them down.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "Walk of Punishment," "The Rains of Castamere," and "Mhysa."
- Jaimie looses a hand, but gains a friend in Brienne of Tarth.
- Sam and Gilly come face to face with a White Walker.
- Two words: Red Wedding.
- Arya meets the Hound.
- Jon Snow's romance with Ygritte grows.
The first season of Game of Thrones premiered on April 17, 2011 and contains 10 episodes. This season introduces viewers to the seven kingdoms of Westeros and the contenders for the Iron Throne.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "Winter Is Coming," "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things," and "Baelor."
- King Robert Baratheon has a hunting accident.
- Jon Snow joins the Night's Watch.
- Drogo kills Viserys with a "Golden Crown."
- Bran loses his legs.
- Joffrey has Ned Stark beheaded, in front of his daughters.