It's such a great series, so let's rank every season of Law & Order from best to worst. In case you're not familiar with the iconic legal drama series, Law & Order is a 1-hour procedural crime show. During the first half of the show, it focuses on a group of NYPD detectives who investigate crimes. During the second half, it follows the process of the DA's office as it brings the criminal under investigation to justice. Throughout various seasons of Law & Order, you'll get a look at a huge variety of cases, the offenders who commit them, and the sometimes complex wheels of justice in motion.
If you've been a long term fan of Law & Order, then come on in and vote for your favorite seasons in order to help determine which ones are the best. If you're new to the world of Law & Order, then here you'll find a brief overview of each season as well as find out which seasons fans consider the best.
The fifth season of Law & Order premiered on September 21, 1994 and contains 23 episodes. This season introduces the arrival of Executive ADA Jack McCoy and some of the cases involve the bombing of a construction site and the death of a drug-addicted woman in the yard of a daycare.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "House Counsel," "Rage," and "Second Opinion."
Memorable moments from Season 5 include:
- Van Buren faces heat when she kills an intellectually disabled teenager in what she claims was a robbery attempt.
- A suburban housewife is investigated for the 23-year-old murder of a police officer.
- The team discovers that the murder of an unassuming Parks Dept. worker may have been due to the fact that he was a juror in a trial against a mob boss.
The sixth season of Law & Order premiered on September 20, 1995 and contains 23 episodes. This season introduces viewers to a new character named Detective Rey Curtis who replaces Detective Logan.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "Savages," "Pro Se," and "Aftershock."
Memorable moments from Season 6 include:
- A mother kills her daughter's kidnapper during his trial.
- The death penalty is instituted in New York.
- A defense lawyer argues that his teen client is actually the victim of a conspiracy.
The tenth season of Law & Order premiered on September 22, 1999 and contains 24 episodes. This season finds Detective Ed Green replacing Detective Rey Curtis as Briscoe's partner.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "Killerz," "Blood Money," and "Fools For Love."
Memorable moments from Season 10 include:
- After a young boy is murdered, suspicions fall on a 10-year-old girl from his neighborhood.
- A man insists that he was set up in both the murder of his girlfriend and the assault of her sister.
- The DA's office must question whether a man with Alzheimer's Disease is competent enough to stand trial for murder.
The first season of Law & Order premiered on September 13, 1990 and contains 22 episodes. This season introduces viewers to the NYPD investigators who solve crimes and the staff of the DA's office who bring offenders to justice.
This season features several unforgettable episodes including: "Prescription for Death," "Indifference," and "Mushrooms."
Memorable moments from Season 1 include:
- A doctor's actions come into question when a patient dies after a stressful late night shift.
- A murdered woman's former boyfriends are investigated as suspects in her death.
- The investigators must uncover the culprits after an abortion clinic is bombed.