A complete list of every live performance of "Shallow" from A Star Is Born that I personally could find on YouTube. It isn't all weird almost kissing on an Oscar's telecast, ladies and gentlemen! Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's duet took the world by storm throughout Fall 2018 and the 2019 awards circuit. A love song for our generation and our time, "Shallow" was written by Andrew Wyatt, Anthony Rossomando, Mark Ronson, and Stefani "Lady Gaga" Germanotta. A hit from the moment the trailer dropped, we are all truly off the deep end, quite possibly for good.
While the best performance of this song is, and always will be, the film soundtrack recording, many live performances are worth a watch as well. From Kelly Clarkson's "Shallow" cover to Lady Gaga's powerful version at the Grammys, which live performance video of "Shallow" do you enjoy the most?
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper at the 2019 Oscars
- Very similar to the film version.
- Inspired memes.
- The way Gaga sings the second "where they can't HURT us!"
- The piano itself is very elegant to the eye.
272Is this a great performance?
- How did Bradley's girlfriend, Irina Shayk, feel sitting in the front row for this, I wonder?
- Close faces.
- Bradley, though surely doing his best, does not quite have Jackon's voice live.
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper in Las Vegas
- The fan excitement / sing-a-long.
- Bradley's hat.
- That they were probably practicing for the Oscars.
- When the piano comes in.
- The "Ahh ahh" part is especially powerful.
211Is this a great performance?
- The YouTube thumbnail image.
- "Jackson never used these."
- Gaga literally kneels before him, which feels strange.
- Bradley's air guitar during the piano parts.
- How she pulls him onto the piano bench.
- The ~hand around the waist on the piano bench~ moment we didn't yet know was merely a prelude.
- The amount of time they linger on the bench.
Lady Gaga at the 2019 Grammys
- Mark Ronson on guitar.
- Classic Gaga styling and arm/hand/dance moves.
- Sparkly eye-liner.
- Plenty of chorus repeats.
- Fog machine.
159Is this a great performance?
- Gaga asks the audience to sing at one point.
- Nothing like it was in the movie.
Lady Gaga Solo in Las Vegas (Dec. 2018)
- Some nice moments with the fans before Gaga starts singing.
- You might cry!
- One of Gaga's more passionate performances of this song, which, if you are paying attention at all here, is saying something.
61Is this a great performance?
- Can hear the one fan singing along too clearly, and while they are likely very nice, they don't sing as well as Gaga.
- You might cry!