This is a list of the best spring break destinations for college kids ranked as most awesome and wild. When warm weather hits, the last thing any warm-blooded American 20 year old wants to do is stay indoors watching Netflix. Luckily, your school gives you a week off to head to any of the best beaches in the US to let off some steam, get some sun, and do a few crazy things you hopefully won't regret.
This votable list of the best cities for spring break includes beaches and towns known for beautiful weather during the day and best nightlife cities once the sun goes down. It includes some of the best US cities for vacations in coastal states like Florida, Texas, and California as well as cities in Caribbean countries for spring break in Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Costa Rica.
If you are asking, "Where should I go for Spring Break?" also consider all-season favorites like New Orleans, New York, and the wildest party city of them all, good ole' Las Vegas.
Vote up your favorite vacation cities on this list to help create the definitive list of the top college Spring Break spots, and be sure to add any of the best Florida beaches that are missing. If you've spent time at Senor Frog's in a few different cities, please hit "rerank" to make your own version of this list.
- 14696Puerto Vallarta is a Mexican beach resort city situated on the Pacific Ocean's Bahía de Banderas. The 2010 census reported Puerto Vallarta's population as 255,725 making it the second largest city in... more
- 184130Cabo San Lucas, commonly called Cabo in American English, is a city at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula, in the Mexican state of Baja California Sur. Cabo San Lucas together with San... more
Area (km sq): 207.0Nassau is the capital, largest city, and commercial centre of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. The city has a population of 248,948, 70 percent of the entire population of the Bahamas. Lynden... more
Area (km sq): 48.43Miami Beach is a coastal resort city in Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. It was incorporated on March 26, 1915. The municipality is located on a series of natural and man-made barrier... more
- 6534Mykonos, also known as Chora, is the main city on the island of Mykonos.... more
- 8658Cancún is a city in southeastern Mexico, located on the northeast coast of the Yucatán Peninsula in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. It is an important renowned tourist destination in Mexico, as... more
Area (km sq): 93.24Fort Lauderdale is a city in the U.S. state of Florida, on the Atlantic coast 23 miles north of Miami. It is the county seat of Broward County. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of... more
Area (km sq): 261.59Orlando is a city in the U.S. state of Florida, and the county seat of Orange County. Located in Central Florida, it is the center of the Orlando metropolitan area, which had a population of... more
Area (km sq): 80.9St. Thomas is a city in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. It gained its city charter on March 4, 1881. The city is also the seat for Elgin County, although it is independent of the county. It is part of... more
- 10481Montego Bay is the capital of the parish of St. James and the second largest city in Jamaica by area and the fourth by population. It is a tourist destination with duty-free shopping, a cruise line... more
Area (km sq): 168.17Daytona Beach is a city in Volusia County, Florida, United States. The city lies about 51 miles northeast of Orlando, 86 miles southeast of Jacksonville, and 242 miles northwest of Miami. In the 2010... more
San JuanPuerto Rico
Area (km sq): 199.25San Juan, officially Municipio de San Juan Bautista, is the capital and most populous municipality in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, an unincorporated territory of the United States. As of the 2010... more
Area (km sq): 4.92South Padre Island is a barrier island in the U.S. state of Texas. It is located in Cameron County and in Willacy County. South Padre Island was formed when the creation of the Port Mansfield Channel... more
Area (km sq): 1880.6Acapulco de Juárez, commonly called Acapulco, is a city, municipality and major seaport in the state of Guerrero on the Pacific coast of Mexico, 380 kilometres southwest from Mexico City. Acapulco is... more
Area (km sq): 1260.03Rio de Janeiro, or simply Rio, is the second largest city in Brazil, the sixth largest city in the Americas and the world's thirty-fifth largest city by population. The metropolis is anchor to the... more
- 8269Punta Cana is part of the Punta Cana-Bávaro-Veron-Macao municipal district, in the municipality of Higüey, in La Altagracia Province. The area has beaches and balnearios which face both the Caribbean... more
- 7361St. Croix is an unincorporated community in northern Oil Township, Perry County, Indiana, United States. It lies along State Road 62 near its intersection with Interstate 64 and State Road 37,... more
- 7773Playa del Carmen is a city located along the Caribbean Sea in the state of Quintana Roo in Mexico. It is a popular tourist area in eastern Mexico.... more
Area (km sq): 16.06Fort Myers Beach is a town located on Estero Island in Lee County, Florida, United States. The population was 6,277 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Cape Coral–Fort Myers Metropolitan... more
- 5752Negril is a small but widely dispersed beach resort town located across parts of two Jamaican parishes, Westmoreland and Hanover. Negril is just about one hour and fifteen minutes drive from Sir... more
- 7375San Miguel de Cozumel is the largest city on the island municipality of Cozumel in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. With a 2010 census population of 77,236 persons, it is also Quintana Roo's... more
Area (km sq): 25.44Laguna Beach is a seaside resort city located in southern Orange County, California, United States, approximately 19 miles southeast of the county seat of Santa Ana. Laguna Beach is known for its... more
Area (km sq): 310.43Munich is the capital and largest city of the German state of Bavaria, on the banks of River Isar north of the Bavarian Alps. Munich is the third largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hamburg,... more