Although the Star Wars TV shows Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks (which were aired together under the more exciting name "The Ewoks and Droids Adventure Hour") landed on television in 1985, it wasn't until the new century that Star Wars television series gained momentum. Since then, there have been some great Star Wars series - expanding the universe and adding background to favorite characters, old and new.
Although the Emmy-winning micro-series Star Wars: Clone Wars premiered in 2003, weeks before the 2005 release of Revenge of the Sith, when it ended the TV was once again empty of Star Wars. The full-lenth 2008 animated series The Clone Wars wasn't released until three years after the last film in the prequel trilogy. That Star Wars show seemed to open the floodgates of possibility and fandom. The acquisition of the Star Wars franchise by Disney and the collaboration with LEGO brought some of the best Star Wars stories to the television screen, from comedic versions of Resistance history to dramas no less intense for being computer-animated. With the introduction of The Mandalorian on Disney Plus and untitled Cassian Andor and Obi-Wan Kenobi live-action series in the works, the world of Star Wars seems to have no intention of leaving us hanging without Star Wars TV shows any time soon. Plus, with the anime entry of Star Wars: Visions, the world of Star Wars shows seems ever-expanding. Still, there's more to the Star Wars universe you can check out!
These are the shows you're looking for, so vote up your favorite Star Wars shows that have aired on TV.
- Photo: Star Wars: The Clone Wars / Disney XD/Netflix/Cartoon NetworkStar Wars: The Clone Wars (Cartoon Network, 2008) is an American animated action adventure military sci-fi series created by George Lucas and is based on the Star Wars franchise. Set during the prequel trilogy era, in between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, the series follows Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu and other Jedi Knights lead the Grand Army of the Republic against the droid army of the Separatists.... more
- Actors: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
- Premiered: October 3, 2008
- The Mandalorian (Disney+, 2019) is an American space opera web television series set in the Star Wars universe created by George Lucas. Taking place after the events in Return of the Jedi, but before The Force Awakens, the show follows a lone Mandalorian gunfighter (Pedro Pascal) beyond the reaches of the Republic.... more
- Actors: Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Omid Abtahi
- Premiered: 2-019
- Star Wars Rebels (Disney XD, 2014) is an American 3D CGI science fiction animation series created by Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni, and Carrie Beck and is based on the Star Wars Franchise created by George Lucas. Set fourteen years after the fall of the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order and the rise of the Galactic Empire depicted in Revenge of the Sith, a motley group of rebels unite aboard a freighter starship called the Ghost and begin to conduct covert operations against the Imperial garrison on and around the planet Lothal and other planets that are menaced by the Empire.... more
- Actors: Taylor Gray, Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall
- Premiered: August 11, 2014
- Photo: Star Wars: The Bad Batch / Disney+Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Disney+, 2021) is an American animated sci-fi, action adventure series from the Star Wars franchise created by George Lucas. Set after the events of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Bad Batch follows the titular squadron making their way through the galaxy as mercenaries in the early days of the Empire.... more
- Actors: Dee Bradley Baker
- Premiered: May 4, 2021