Although the Star Wars TV shows Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks (which were aired together under the more exciting name "The Ewoks and Droids Adventure Hour") landed on television in 1985, it wasn't until the new century that Star Wars television series gained momentum. Since then, there have been some great Star Wars series - expanding the universe and adding background to favorite characters, old and new.
Although the Emmy-winning micro series Star Wars: Clone Wars premiered in 2003, weeks before the 2005 release of Revenge of the Sith, when it ended the TV was once again empty of Star Wars. The full-lenth 2008 animated series The Clone Wars wasn't released until three years after the last film in the prequel trilogy. That Star Wars show seemed to open the floodgates of possibility and fandom. The acquisition of the Star Wars franchise by Disney and the collaboration with LEGO brought some of the best Star Wars stories to the television screen, from comedic versions of Resistance history to dramas no less intense for being computer-animated. With the introduction of The Mandalorian on Disney Plus and untitled Cassian Andor and Obi-Wan Kenobi live-action series in the works, the world of Star Wars seems to have no intention of leaving us hanging without Star Wars TV shows any time soon. Still, there's more to the Star Wars universe you can check out!
These are the shows you're looking for, so vote up your favorite Star Wars shows that have aired on TV.
- Photo: Star Wars: The Clone Wars / Disney XD/Netflix/Cartoon NetworkThis show is an American 3D CGI animated television series created by George Lucas and produced by Lucasfilm Animation with the division Lucasfilm Animation Singapore, Lucasfilm and CGCG Inc. The series debuted on the US version of Cartoon Network on October 3, 2008. ... more on Wikipedia
50067Did you like this series?
- Actors: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
- Premiered: 2008
- The Mandalorian (Disney+, 2019) is an American space opera web television series set in the Star Wars universe created by George Lucas. Taking place after the events in Return of the Jedi, but before The Force Awakens, the show follows a lone Mandalorian gunfighter (Pedro Pascal) beyond the reaches of the Republic.... more on Wikipedia
46780Did you like this series?
- Actors: Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Nick Nolte, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow
- Premiered: 2-019
- Star Wars Rebels is an American 3D CGI animated television series produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation. Set fourteen years after Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and five years before Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Rebels takes place during an era when the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy. Imperial forces are hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights while a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking form. The visual style of Star Wars Rebels is inspired by the original Star Wars trilogy concept art by Ralph McQuarrie. It premiered as a 44-minute film, Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, on October 3, 2014 on Disney Channel prior to the... more on Wikipedia
282110Did you like this series?
- Actors: Taylor Gray, Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall
- Premiered: 2014
- Star Wars: Clone Wars is an American animated microseries created by Genndy Tartakovsky, set in the Star Wars universe. Chronologically, the series takes place during the three-year time period between the prequel films Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. The show follows the actions of various characters in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and other Knights of the Jedi Order during the conflict, leading the clone trooper forces of the Galactic Republic against the battle droid armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Sith. The series was produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with Lucasfilm Ltd., and was... more on Wikipedia
210111Did you like this series?
- Actors: Mat Lucas, James Arnold Taylor, André Sogliuzzo
- Premiered: 2003