Every 'Star Wars' TV Series, Ranked
Although the Star Wars TV shows Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks (which were aired together under the more exciting name "The Ewoks and Droids Adventure Hour") landed on television in 1985, it wasn't until the new century that Star Wars television series gained momentum. Since then, there have been some great Star Wars series - expanding the universe and adding background to favorite characters, old and new.
Although the Emmy-winning micro-series Star Wars: Clone Wars premiered in 2003, weeks before the 2005 release of Revenge of the Sith, when it ended the TV was once again empty of Star Wars. The full-lenth 2008 animated series The Clone Wars wasn't released until three years after the last film in the prequel trilogy. That Star Wars show seemed to open the floodgates of possibility and fandom. The acquisition of the Star Wars franchise by Disney and the collaboration with LEGO brought some of the best Star Wars stories to the television screen, from comedic versions of Resistance history to dramas no less intense for being computer-animated. With the introduction of The Mandalorian on Disney Plus and untitled Cassian Andor and Obi-Wan Kenobi live-action series in the works, the world of Star Wars seems to have no intention of leaving us hanging without Star Wars TV shows any time soon. Plus, with the anime entry of Star Wars: Visions, the world of Star Wars shows seems ever-expanding. Still, there's more to the Star Wars universe you can check out!
These are the shows you're looking for, so vote up your favorite Star Wars shows that have aired on TV.
- Photo: Star Wars: The Clone Wars / Disney XD/Netflix/Cartoon NetworkThe Jedi fight to maintain freedom and restore peace to the galaxy.
- Actors: Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, Tom Kane, James Arnold Taylor, Matthew Wood
- Premiered: October 3, 2008
- Photo: The Mandalorian / Disney+After the fall of the Galactic Empire, a lone gunfighter makes his way through the lawless galaxy.
- Actors: Pedro Pascal, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Omid Abtahi, Nick Nolte
- Premiered: 2-019
- NEW#19 needs votes
Star Wars: Young Jedi AdventuresJedi younglings study the ways of the Force, explore the galaxy, and help citizens and creatures.
- Actors: Juliet Donenfeld, Dee Bradley Baker, Emma Berman, Jonathan Lipow, Piotr Michael
- Premiered: May 4, 2023
- Photo: Star Wars Rebels / Disney XDBetween "Star Wars: Episode III" and "Star Wars: Episode IV," a rebellion begins to form.
- Actors: David Oyelowo, Vanessa Marshall, Tiya Sircar, Steve Blum, Taylor Gray
- Premiered: August 11, 2014
- Photo: AndorRebel spy Cassian Andor's formative years of the Rebellion.
- Actors: Diego Luna, Stellan Skarsgård, Genevieve O'Reilly, Forest Whitaker, Adria Arjona
- Premiered: September 21, 2022
- Photo: Star Wars: The Bad Batch / Disney+Experimental clones find their way in a changing galaxy in the aftermath of the Clone War.
- Actors: Dee Bradley Baker, Ming-Na Wen, Stephen Stanton, Andrew Kishino
- Premiered: May 4, 2021
- Obi-Wan Kenobi grapples with the downfall of his one-time friend and apprentice, Anakin Skywalker.
- Actors: Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse
- Premiered: May 27, 2022