From the top pros of the '90s to today's young up and comers, the best street skaters of all time encompass all types of skateboarders. While skateboarding came to rise throughout the 1970s with Tony Alva, Stacy Peralta, and the rest of the Z Boys, it was until the '90s when street skating really began to take shape. In the years since, this side of skateboarding has progressed beyond any skater's belief. The top street skaters push the boundaries daily, from hitting the biggest handrails to charging the longest and tallest gaps. Names like Andrew Reynolds, Jamie Thomas, and Nyjah Huston all come to mind here, as they're some of the best skaters to ever hit the big stuff, as well as the best skateboarders of all time, period.
Of course, it's not all about the most stairs and longest rails. There's the technical side of street skating as well. Lucas Puig, Daewon Song, and Mike Mo Capaldi, among many others, have all proven themselves to be the most technical and skilled street skaters. Whether it's ledges and manual pads or gaps and rails, however, it's all street skateboarding. So, who are the best street skaters of all time?
Check out the list of street skaters below and vote up the best of them. Feel free to add other skaters to the list, so long as they're primarily street skaters.
- John Rodney Mullen (born August 17, 1966) is an American professional skateboarder, entrepreneur, inventor, and public speaker who practices freestyle skateboarding and street skateboarding. He is ...more
- Eric Koston (born April 29, 1975) is an American professional skateboarder and company owner. He has been featured in the Tony Hawk's video game series, and the Electronic Arts (EA) video games Skate ...more
- Paul Martin Rodriguez Jr. (born December 31, 1984), also known by his nickname P-Rod, is an American professional street skateboarder and actor. Rodriguez has won a total of eight medals at the X ...more
- Andrew Reynolds (born June 6, 1978) is an American professional skateboarder known for co-founding Baker Skateboards in 2000 with artist Jay Strickland. He is now Baker Skateboard's sole owner. ...more
- Daewon David Song (born February 19, 1975) is a Korean-born American professional skateboarder, recognized for his skillful technical street skateboarding. He is co-owner of Thank You skateboards ...more
- Geoffrey Joseph Rowley, Jr. (born 6 June 1976) is an English professional skateboarder, former co-owner of Flip Skateboards and owner of the Civilware Service Corporation. Rowley is a recipient of ...more
- Jamie Thomas (born October 11, 1974) is an American professional skateboarder and skateboard industry entrepreneur. Thomas is the owner and founder of Zero Skateboards and Fallen Footwear, until he ...more
- Chris Cole (born March 10, 1982) is a professional skateboarder. As of June 2017, his sponsors are Plan B, Fallen Footwear, Monster Energy, Bones bearings, Cult Crew, Thunder, Spitfire, Reign Skate ...more
- Chris Joslin is an American professional skateboarder from Cerritos, CA. He resides in San Clemente, CA and is currently sponsored by Plan B skateboards, Active Ride Shop, Etnies footwear, Bones ...more
- 11Patrick John Ladd (born January 11, 1983), professionally referred to as PJ Ladd, is an American professional skateboarder whose stance is regular. Ladd was labelled an "east coast legend" by fellow ...more
- Nyjah Imani Huston (born November 30, 1994) is an American professional skateboarder and was the overall champion at the Street League Skateboarding (SLS) competition series in 2010, 2012, 2014, ...more
- Chad Muska (born May 20, 1977) is an American professional skateboarder and entrepreneur. In November 2012, Skin Phillips, editor-in-chief of Transworld Skateboarding, described Muska as "one of the ...more
- Tom Penny (born 13 April 1977) is a professional skateboarder from Abingdon, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom (UK). As of January 2013, Penny is sponsored by the Flip skateboard deck brand and his Cheech ...more
- Luan Vilanova de Oliveira better known as Luan de Oliveira (Porto Alegre , September 22 , 1990) is a Brazilian professional skateboarder. Oliveira rides for Flip Skateboards, Nike SB, Matriz ...more
- Mark Gonzales (born June 1, 1968), also known as "Gonz" and "The Gonz", is an American professional skateboarder and artist. He is known in the skateboarding world as a top pioneer of modern street ...more
- Ishod Wair was born on November 1, 1991, and began skateboarding in Bordentown, New Jersey, at the age of nine years old. Over the next few years he began to consolidate other activities such as ...more
- Jamie Foy is a regular-footed skateboarder from Deerfield Beach, FL and he currently resides in Long Beach, CA. Foy is sponsored by Diamond Footwear, Deathwish, Bones Swiss, Stance, Island Water ...more
- Arto Saari (born November 9, 1981) is a Finnish professional skateboarder and photographer.
- Guy Mariano (born March 31, 1976) is a professional skateboarder who gained recognition at the age of fourteen for his video part in the Blind Skateboards video Video Days (1991).
- John Joseph Cardiel (born December 14, 1973) is a professional skateboarder and snowboarder who has been a core member of the AntiHero Skateboards company since it was founded in 1995.
- Ed Templeton (born July 28, 1972) is an American professional skateboarder, contemporary artist, and photographer. He is the founder of the skateboard company, Toy Machine, a company that he ...more
- Ray Barbee (born 5 October 1971) is an American skateboarder from San Jose, California. He was one of the first skateboarders to bring freestyle/flatland tricks to street, technical ollie ...more
- Ryan Allen Sheckler (born December 30, 1989) is an American professional skateboarder and entrepreneur, and was the star of the MTV-produced reality television series Life of Ryan. Sheckler was ...more