32 Brilliant Studio Ghibli Tattoos That Pay Homage To Anime's Most Famous Film Studio
Studio Ghibli films captivate millions of hearts both young and old, so it comes as no surprise that tattoos inspired by Miyazaki and his stories look so incredible. In this list of stunning studio Ghibli tattoos, artists and fans show their love for the cherished films Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and more. They celebrate the detail and imagination Ghibli is known for, and even put their own artistic spin on their favorite characters. Miyazaki tattoos come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and locations, all of which evoke a great sense of nostalgia and showcase some amazing talent. Like a Ponyo screening, cool Ghibli tattoos hold your attention with their vibrancy and animated style, much more fun than a butterfly back tattoo.
Relive the magic of these amazing films with this collection, and maybe even find some inspiration for a tattoo of your own. For more, check out the fans and artists who joined forces to create these tattoos inspired by some of your favorite anime, Avatar The Last Airbender, and beloved Pokemon. But Miyazaki tattoos lie in a realm all their own, drawing from a wealth of inspiration from a mind that gave the world more classics than anyone realizes.
1. An Ensemble Of Ghibli's Finest Spirits And SidekicksPhoto: violette_bleunoir / Instagram
2. A Brilliant Celebration Of The Epic That Is 'Princess Mononoke'Photo: taktoboli / Instagram
3. Haku From 'Spirited Away' In His Most Majestic FormPhoto: josiesexton / Instagram
4. 'Howl's Moving Castle' In All Of Its Magical GloryPhoto: sashatattooing / Instagram
5. An Adorable Duo From 'My Neighbor Totoro'Photo: hugotatooer / Instagram
6. No Face From 'Spirited Away' Gets A Splash Of Color And A SmilePhoto: auradalian / Instagram