The Best Supplement Brands
Ranker may collect a commission from links on this page.
Photo: Metaweb / CC-BY
If you’re a health-conscious consumer, you know that the majority of the time eating fresh fruits and vegetables and monitoring your sugar intake just doesn’t cut it; to ensure that you’re receiving proper nutrition it’s always a good idea to add a vitamin supplement to your diet. Hundreds of books have been written that discuss key benefits of individual supplements, and how many milligrams should be added to diet on a daily basis. If you’ve ever asked the question, “What are the Best Supplement Brands?” you’re definitely not alone; many people have raised questions about the validity of vitamin makers. Here’s a detailed list of the most popular companies who specialize in this industry. Since vitamins are often water soluble, if you’re not careful when selecting a brand of vitamins they can exit your system too quickly, and you won’t even benefit from their effect. The key thing to check is the ingredients; the best vitamin supplements will not have a lot of added-in products. Also keep in mind that oftentimes you get what you pay for; sticking with a slightly more expensive brand could ensure a better product. Perhaps the best thing to remember is that most vitamin brands are not evaluated by the FDA; doing a quick internet search should help you determine a company’s credibility.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYNature's Bounty Co., formerly known as NBTY, is an American manufacturer of vitamins and nutritional supplements which are distributed under many third party brands in the United States and internationally. Its name was changed from Nature's Bounty, Inc. to NBTY, Inc. in 1995. NBTY also markets products to chain stores such as CVS and Target. In November 2016, the Company renamed itself Nature's Bounty Co. Nature's Bounty was founded in 1971 by Arthur Rudolph primarily as a mail order, catalog based company. Nature's Bounty is headquartered in Ronkonkoma, New York. Carlyle acquired NBTY in 2010 for $3.8 billion. As of 2015, the company reported a total sales of 3 billion dollars, with $1.9 ...more
- Sundown® has been making high quality vitamins and supplements for over 40 years. What began as a small mail-order business in a Florida home, has grown into a company capable of delivering a wide variety of health-related products all over the world. But neither our humble beginnings nor our current success is possible without one key thing – you. That’s why we put you first – then, now and always. To all of us here at Sundown®, you’re more than a customer – you’re a friend. And we want nothing but the best for our friends.
- Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren’t mainstream, we’ve never wavered from our mission – to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicensePharmavite is a dietary supplements company that was founded in 1971 by a California pharmacist, Barry Pressman, and that was acquired by Otsuka Pharmaceutical in 1989. Its "Nature Made" vitamin brand was launched the following year. Pharmavite works with the United States Pharmacopeia's (USP) Dietary Supplements Verification Program on some of its products.
- NutriGold is a family-owned, mission-driven, wellness company powered by integrity. The nutraceutical industry is our home and consumers, our family. Our mission is to help people in our communities and around the world. To educate and empower consumers to make informed decisions. To make thoughtful, honest-to-goodness products that can improve and nourish health and to do it in ways that respect and protect our planet.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License6General Nutrition Corporation is a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based American commercial enterprise focused on the retail sale of health and nutrition related products, including vitamins, supplements, minerals, herbs, sports nutrition, diet, and energy products.
- Industries: Retail