Tabloids have gotten a bad reputation over the years. Everyone has been through the check-out aisle of a grocery store and seen dozens of magazines with wild headlines that are most likely false. This type of sensationalism has made its way to television over the last few decades. There has been no shortage of TV shows that dive into the wild, wacky world of celebrities and gossip. Many of them have been controversial at one point or another, but all of them have made for excellent television. These are the best tabloid television news shows of all time, and you can vote for which shows you think are the best.
Many of these shows get content from the everyday lives of celebrities. TMZ on TV is the best example of this as journalists follow actors and singers as they try to go to restaurants or board an airplane. Then there are shows like Entertainment Tonight that consists of various different segments over the course of a single episode. It also airs one-on-one interviews with celebrities as well as profiles of well-known newsmakers.
Which of these tabloid television news series is your guilty pleasure? Vote up the TV shows you find yourself watching constantly to get all the hottest gossip.
- Photo: user uploaded imageInside Edition is a thirty-minute American television syndicated news magazine program. The show was originally a mix of tabloid crime stories, investigations, and celebrity gossip. It is one of the original "Big Three" American tabloid-style TV newsmagazines of the early 1990s—the other two were A Current Affair and Hard Copy—which fiercely competed with each other and is the only one of the three still on the air. The first anchor of the program was David Frost, who was replaced after approximately three weeks with Bill O'Reilly. The current anchor is former Today anchor Deborah Norville, who took over for O'Reilly in 1995. Steve Kamer has been the show's announcer since its inception. On... more
61Is this a great program?
- Actors: David Frost, Karyn Kupcinet, Nancy Glass
- Premiered: 1988
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useTMZ on TV is an American syndicated entertainment and gossip news television show that premiered on September 10, 2007. The program is generally aired on Fox, CW and MyNetworkTV affiliates, though a majority of the stations that carry the series are Fox affiliates. It is essentially a television version of its sister operation, TMZ.com, a news website with a heavy emphasis on gossip of celebrities' personal lives, which debuted in December 2005. The television program is produced at studio facilities that serve as the headquarters for the parent website, located at 13031 West Jefferson Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. TMZ is an insider term, referring to the movie studio area of... more
96Is this a great program?
- Actors: Harvey Levin
- Premiered: September 10, 2007
- Photo: TV Line3
Page Six TV
53Is this a great program?
- Actors: Bevy Smith, Elizabeth Wagmeister, Carlos Greer
- Premiered: 2017
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useEntertainment Tonight, is a daily tabloid entertainment television news show that is syndicated by CBS Television Distribution throughout the United States, in Canada on Global, and in many countries around the world. Until the start of the 2013-14 television season, the program made the claim that it is "the most watched entertainment news magazine in the world". It is the longest-running entertainment news program, with its first broadcast on September 14, 1981, and was the first syndicated program distributed via satellite. Mary Hart served as the show's primary anchor from 1982 until her departure on May 20, 2011. Mark Steines and Nancy O'Dell took on the roles of primary hosts of the... more
710Is this a great program?
- Actors: Katy Perry, Olivia Wilde, Paris Hilton, Nicole Kidman, Nicolas Cage
- Premiered: 1981