Tabloids have gotten a bad reputation over the years. Everyone has been through the check-out aisle of a grocery store and seen dozens of magazines with wild headlines that are most likely false. This type of sensationalism has made its way to television over the last few decades. There has been no shortage of TV shows that dive into the wild, wacky world of celebrities and gossip. Many of them have been controversial at one point or another, but all of them have made for excellent television. These are the best tabloid television news shows of all time, and you can vote for which shows you think are the best.
Many of these shows get content from the everyday lives of celebrities. TMZ on TV is the best example of this as journalists follow actors and singers as they try to go to restaurants or board an airplane. Then there are shows like Entertainment Tonight that consists of various different segments over the course of a single episode. It also airs one-on-one interviews with celebrities as well as profiles of well-known newsmakers.
Which of these tabloid television news series is your guilty pleasure? Vote up the TV shows you find yourself watching constantly to get all the hottest gossip.
- TMZ on TV is an American syndicated entertainment and gossip news television show that premiered on September 10, 2007. The program is generally aired on Fox, CW and MyNetworkTV affiliates, though a majority of the stations that carry the series are Fox affiliates. It is essentially a television version of its sister operation, TMZ.com, a news website with a heavy emphasis on gossip of celebrities' personal lives, which debuted in December 2005. The television program is produced at studio facilities that serve as the headquarters for the parent website, located at 13031 West Jefferson Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. TMZ is an insider term, referring to the movie studio area of... more on Wikipedia
62Is this a great program?
- Actors: Harvey Levin
- Premiered: 2007
- Access Hollywood is a weekday television entertainment news program covering events and celebrities in the entertainment industry. It was created by former Entertainment Tonight executive producer Jim Van Messel, and is currently produced by Robert Silverstein and directed by Richard Plotkin. In previous years, Doug Dougherty, Christopher A. Berry and Kim Anastasia directed the program. Access Hollywood primarily focuses on news in the music, television, and film industries.... more on Wikipedia
22Is this a great program?
- Actors: Kate Garraway, Jeffrey Probst, Tim Vincent, Steven Cojocaru, Pat O'Brien
- Premiered: 1996
El Gordo y la FlacaPhoto: uploaded by BojanglesEl Gordo y la Flaca is an American Spanish-language entertainment news show.... more on Wikipedia
10Is this a great program?
- Actors: Lili Estefan
- Premiered: 1998
- Entertainment Tonight, is a daily tabloid entertainment television news show that is syndicated by CBS Television Distribution throughout the United States, in Canada on Global, and in many countries around the world. Until the start of the 2013-14 television season, the program made the claim that it is "the most watched entertainment news magazine in the world". It is the longest-running entertainment news program, with its first broadcast on September 14, 1981, and was the first syndicated program distributed via satellite. Mary Hart served as the show's primary anchor from 1982 until her departure on May 20, 2011. Mark Steines and Nancy O'Dell took on the roles of primary hosts of the... more on Wikipedia
85Is this a great program?
- Actors: Katy Perry, Olivia Wilde, Paris Hilton, Nicole Kidman, Nicolas Cage
- Premiered: 1981