This list has the best teen comedy movies, ranked from best to worst by user votes. The best teen comedy films come in many forms. Some good teen comedies follow high school students as they look for love while other good comedies for teens revolve around hanging out with friends. Many of the best classic teen comedy movies were directed by John Hughes and you'll find them on this list.
What films will you find on this top teen comedy movies list? American Pie has to be near the top. This film finds four male friends vowing to lose their virginity before graduating high school. Eugene Levy adds to the hilarity as a father who always seems to walk in at the wrong time. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is another hilarious teen comedy.
With a script written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, Superbad has more laughs per minute than most films in any genre. Other great teen comedy movies include Clueless, Dazed and Confused, and Napoleon Dynamite. A few of these films can even be considered teen parody movies.
Which film do you think deserves the top spot on this list? Help us decide by giving the best teen comedies a vote up. If you are looking for more lists to vote on, check out this list of the best coming of age comedies and the top movies about teenagers.
- High school seniors Seth and Evan have high hopes for a graduation party. The co-dependent teens plan to score booze and babes so they can become part of the in-crowd, but separation anxiety and two ...more
- Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) has an uncanny skill at cutting classes and getting away with it. Intending to make one last duck-out before graduation, Ferris calls in sick, "borrows" a Ferrari, ...more
- Kat Stratford (Julia Stiles) is beautiful, smart and quite abrasive to most of her fellow teens, meaning that she doesn't attract many boys. Unfortunately for her younger sister, Bianca (Larisa ...more
- Shallow, rich and socially successful Cher (Alicia Silverstone) is at the top of her Beverly Hills high school's pecking scale. Seeing herself as a matchmaker, Cher first coaxes two teachers into ...more
- Five high school students from different walks of life endure a Saturday detention under a power-hungry principal (Paul Gleason). The disparate group includes rebel John (Judd Nelson), princess ...more
- Teenage Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) was educated in Africa by her scientist parents. When her family moves to the suburbs of Illinois, Cady finally gets to experience public school and gets a quick ...more
- Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) has it all. She wants nothing more than to be Mrs. Warner Huntington III. But there is one thing stopping him (Matthew Davis) from proposing: She is too blond. Elle ...more
- Overly enthusiastic guitarist Dewey Finn (Jack Black) gets thrown out of his bar band and finds himself in desperate need of work. Posing as a substitute music teacher at an elite private elementary ...more
- Prompted by her popular best friend to spill details of her boring weekend, Olive (Emma Stone), a clean-cut teen, decides to spice things up by telling a little lie about losing her virginity. When ...more
- Shy San Francisco teenager Mia Thermopolis (Anne Hathaway) is thrown for a loop when, from out of the blue, she learns the astonishing news that she's a real-life princess! As the heir apparent to ...more
- Viola Johnson (Amanda Bynes) is in a real jam. Complications threaten her scheme to pose as her twin brother, Sebastian, and take his place at a new boarding school. She falls in love with her ...more
- A riotous and raunchy exploration of the most eagerly anticipated -- and most humiliating -- rite of adulthood, known as losing one's virginity. In this hilarious lesson in life, love and libido, a ...more
- After receiving his latest college rejection letter, senior Bartleby Gaines devises a novel way to fool everyone into thinking he is college-bound: Open his own university. Bartleby and his similarly ...more
- The Toro cheerleading squad from Rancho Carne High School in San Diego has got spirit, spunk, sass and a killer routine that's sure to land them the national championship trophy for the sixth year in ...more
- Mike O'Donnell (Matthew Perry) was a high-school basketball star with a bright future, but he threw it all away to marry his girlfriend and raise their child. Almost 20 years later, Mike's marriage ...more
- Booksmart is a 2019 American comedy film directed by Olivia Wilde. On the eve of their high school graduation, two academic superstars and best friends, Amy (Kaitlyn Dever) and Molly (Beanie ...more
- A girl who's sick of the social strictures of junior high is transformed into a grownup overnight. In this feel-good fairy tale, teenager Jenna (Christa B. Allen) wants a boyfriend, and when she's ...more
- Experience the friendships, romances and adventures of a group of high school kids in the 1950s. Welcome to the singing and dancing world of "Grease," the most successful movie musical of all time. A ...more
- The Edge of Seventeen (originally titled Besties) is a 2016 American comedy-drama film directed and written by Kelly Fremon Craig. The film stars Hailee Steinfeld, Haley Lu Richardson, Hayden Szeto, ...more
- Single mother Tess Coleman (Jamie Lee Curtis) and her teenage daughter Anna (Lindsay Lohan) couldn't be more different, and it is driving them both insane. After receiving cryptic fortunes at a ...more
- Bill (Alex Winter) and Ted (Keanu Reeves) are high school buddies starting a band. However, they are about to fail their history class, which means Ted would be sent to military school. They receive ...more
- This coming-of-age film follows the mayhem of group of rowdy teenagers in Austin, Texas, celebrating the last day of high school in 1976. The graduating class heads for a popular pool hall and joins ...more
- After a brutal breakup at a high-school graduation party, lovelorn Ohio teen Scott Thomas (Scott Mechlowicz) goes on a quest across Europe to find his sexy German pen pal, Mieke (Jessica Boehrs). ...more
- Eighteen-year-old Matthew Kidman (Emile Hirsch) is a straight-arrow overachiever who has never really lived life... until he falls for his new neighbor, the beautiful and seemingly innocent Danielle ...more
- Socially awkward teen Charlie (Logan Lerman) is a wallflower, always watching life from the sidelines, until two charismatic students become his mentors. Free-spirited Sam (Emma Watson) and her ...more