A list of the best teen romance movies, ranked by love-obsessed fans of all ages. Throughout film history, one of the most beloved, popular, and relatable movie genres has been the teen romance. Moviegoers of all ages, from heartbroken teenagers to nostalgic seniors, have enjoyed sitting in a dark theater to watch the newest film depicting the tribulations of young love. These movies don’t just cover teenagers dealing with their first loves. There are also themes of coming of age, angst, parental issues, heartbreaking sadness, and feelings of alienation, which is why so many people can relate to these good teenage romance movies. The teen love movies on this list range from 1960s classics to current takes on the tropes. These great romance movies feature tons of teen drama for your viewing pleasure.
The teen romance movies on this list sometimes also fit into other genres. Musicals like Grease and West Side Story have become among the most popular movies of all time not just because of the fantastic music, but also because of the reoccurring themes, like first loves, that pop up. Many teen romances are often based on classic stories. For instance, Clueless is based on Jane Austen’s Emma, and Easy A is based on The Scarlett Letter. Who doesn't love a good high school romance movie?
What are the best high school romance movies of all time? This list covers the top teen romance movies from classics like Dirty Dancing to newer depictions like the zombie romance, Warm Bodies. Whether you love sweeping dramas or teenage romantic comedies, there's a movie for everyone to fall in love with here. At the end of the day, if you love good love movies, you'll enjoy most of these top romantic movies for teens.
- Kat Stratford (Julia Stiles) is beautiful, smart and quite abrasive to most of her fellow teens, meaning that she doesn't attract many boys. Unfortunately for her younger sister, Bianca (Larisa ...more
- A teenage girl's love letters are exposed and wreak havoc on her life.
- Viola Johnson (Amanda Bynes) is in a real jam. Complications threaten her scheme to pose as her twin brother, Sebastian, and take his place at a new boarding school. She falls in love with her ...more
- Me Before You is a 2016 American-British romantic comedy drama film directed by Thea Sharrock and adapted by Jojo Moyes from her 2012 novel of the same name. The film was released on June 3, 2016.
- Rosie and Alex are best friends until Alex's family moves to America. They gamble everything to keep their love and friendship alive over the years and miles.
- Estranged from her father (Greg Kinnear) for a number of years, teenage Ronnie (Miley Cyrus) isn't pleased when her mother ships her and her younger brother down to a Southern beach town to spend the ...more
- Former bull-riding champion Luke (Scott Eastwood) and college student Sophia (Britt Robertson) are in love, but conflicting paths and ideals threaten to tear them apart: Luke hopes to make a comeback ...more
- Set in North Carolina, "A Walk To Remember" follows the rite of passage of a jaded, aimless high school senior (Shane West) who falls in love with a guileless young woman (Mandy Moore) he and his ...more
- Shy San Francisco teenager Mia Thermopolis (Anne Hathaway) is thrown for a loop when, from out of the blue, she learns the astonishing news that she's a real-life princess! As the heir apparent to ...more
- Sam (Hilary Duff), a teenager in California, is obliged to work as a janitor and dishwasher in the diner of her stepmother (Jennifer Coolidge). After a cell phone mix-up, Sam begins an anonymous ...more
- When they meet in second grade, Juli Baker falls instantly in love with her neighbor, Bryce Loski. Bryce, however, does not feel the spark. From that day forward, he (Callan McAuliffe) tries hard to ...more
- Mia (Anne Hathaway), still coming to terms with her life as a princess, graduates from Princeton. She returns to Genovia, and her best friend, Lilly (Heather Matarazzo), goes with her. When they ...more
- Frumpy high-school senior Bianca (Mae Whitman) has a rude awakening when she learns that her classmates secretly know her as the DUFF -- designated ugly fat friend -- to her prettier and more popular ...more
- Mia Hall (Chloë Grace Moretz), a talented young cellist, thought the most difficult decision she would ever have to make would be whether to pursue her musical dreams at prestigious Juilliard or ...more
- Maddy (Amandla Stenberg) is a smart, curious and imaginative 18-year-old who is unable to leave the protection of the hermetically-sealed environment within her house because of an illness. Olly ...more
- Hazel Grace Lancaster (Shailene Woodley), a 16-year-old cancer patient, meets and falls in love with Gus Waters (Ansel Elgort), a similarly afflicted teen from her cancer support group. Hazel feels ...more
- Starstruck is a 2010 Disney Channel Original Movie starring Sterling Knight and Danielle Campbell.
- Another Cinderella Story is a 2008 teen romantic comedy musical dance film directed by Damon Santostefano and starring Selena Gomez, Drew Seeley and Jane Lynch. The film was released directly to DVD ...more
- Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) has it all. She wants nothing more than to be Mrs. Warner Huntington III. But there is one thing stopping him (Matthew Davis) from proposing: She is too blond. Elle ...more
- Teenage Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) was educated in Africa by her scientist parents. When her family moves to the suburbs of Illinois, Cady finally gets to experience public school and gets a quick ...more
- Seventeen-year-old Stella spends most of her time in the hospital as a cystic fibrosis patient. Her life is full of routines, boundaries and self-control -- all of which get put to the test when she ...more
- A high school student finds herself face-to-face with her long-term crush when she signs up to run a kissing booth at the spring carnival.
- Shallow, rich and socially successful Cher (Alicia Silverstone) is at the top of her Beverly Hills high school's pecking scale. Seeing herself as a matchmaker, Cher first coaxes two teachers into ...more
- Sixteen-year-old Poppy (Emma Roberts) has everything her unlimited credit cards can buy, and a spoiled attitude to match. After a final thoughtless prank, her exasperated father (Aidan Quinn) ships ...more
- Everyone deserves a great love story, but for 17-year-old Simon Spier, it's a little more complicated. He hasn't told his family or friends that he's gay, and he doesn't know the identity of the ...more