Texas country, or often referred to as "Red Dirt" music, is a newer sub genre of country music in which more traditional sounds are combined with the outspoken attitude and lyrics of outlaw music. Though originating from Texas and Oklahoma, musicians all over all adopted the Texas sound.
What are the best Texas songs? These are songs from top Texas country artists, such as Kevin Folwer, Pat Green, and Cross Canadian Ragweed. Vote up the greatest Texas song and add any that aren't already on the list.
- 13249Charlie Robsion's song about leaving home and catching up with people in towns throughout the south
- Jason Boland & The Stragglers' song about the comforts of the lonestar state.
Robert Earl Keen's song is a song that retraces his career through his perspective.
- A song about letting loose, having fin, and going dancing.
- 10350Cross Canadian Ragweed's song about life spent running from the law and missing and old love.
- 11157A song about loving someone wholly for one night.
- 9546Song about a broken heart and broken relationship.
- 8840A song about life's troubles and just pushing on through.
Robert Earl Keen's song about hanging out and having good times in your favorite bar.
- 8941Cross Canadian Ragweed's song about missing a lover so badly.
- AS song about the differences of boys from Oklahoma and those from Texas. In Texas they just do it better.
- 8343A song about a cheating man and the woman that puts up with it.
- 7839Hoeybrowne's song about the difficulties of letting go of a loved one.
- 9154Pat Green's song about redemption
- A song about a woman trying to take advantage of a man