List of the most memorable Time Magazine covers, featuring the coolest photographs, sexiest celebrity shots, and most innovative designs ever to hit newsstands. These best Time covers span the entire history of the publication, and provide a good overview of the stories and issues Time has covered over the years. Iconic magazine covers capture images of historic and cultural landmarks that persist in the collective consciousness.
Time Magazine was the first weekly news magazine in the US, first published March 3, 1923. The first cover featured Joseph G. Cannon, the retired Speaker of the House. The first cover with the iconic red border printed in 1927, and it is still used today, more than 85 years later. There have only been 3 since covers that have not been red: a black border after the 9/11 attacks, a green border for Earth Day (April 2008), and a silver border commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Time content features news about politics, economics, science, world events, and culture.
This list includes rare Time covers and hard-to-find classic Time covers as well as the most popular and famous Time Magazine covers. The stars, politicians, athletes, and other famous and influential figures on magazine covers document major world events and news stories that have held public attention over the years. Ever evolving fashion, technology, and societal trends influence the art and design of magazine covers, but Time also has a signature font, layout, and style that has come to represent the magazine as an institution. You won't a more comprehensive collection of Time magazine covers. Vote for the vintage Time magazine covers with the most attractive design, most memorable or important news stories, or that you best remember and recognize.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYTime - Dec. 29, 2008
244150Is this moving?
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Area code 808, Honolulu County, Hawaiian Islands, United States of America, United States
- Photo: Time Magazine / Fair Use
Time - June 21, 2018
216153Is this moving?
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: flickr / CC0Time - December 10, 2003
148107Is this moving?
- Age: Dec. at 58 (1943-2001)
- Birthplace: Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYTime - May 14, 1956
173134Is this moving?
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1926-1962)
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America