List of the best time travel anime, voted on by Ranker's anime community. This may not be the most popular genre of Japanese animation, but all of these shows are worth checking out if you're looking for something new to watch. This poll includes video clips of each show, so if you haven't seen one you can watch it right here on this page. If you've ever wondered what it would be like to travel through time, these anime will give you an inside look at time travel and all the fun and danger that goes along with it. The shows that are listed may have different sub-genres, but they're all about time travel in one way or another. The list you're viewing is made up of anime like Ambition of Oda Nobuna and Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai. What is the greatest time travel anime of all time? Scroll down and find out for yourself!
- 43636Steins;Gate (White Fox, 2011) is a Japanese sci-fi anime series based on the 2009 visual novel by Nitroplus and 5pb. After discovering time travel, a university student and his friends must use their... more
- 17678Inuyasha (Sunrise, 2000), also known as Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale, is a Japanese fantasy anime series based on the manga series by Rumiko Takahashi. A teenage girl periodically travels back in... more
- 598Erased (A-1 Pictures, 2016), also known in Japan as Boku dake ga Inai Machi, is a Japanese mystery anime series based on the manga by Kei Sanbe. 29-year-old Satoru Fujinuma is sent back in time 18... more
- The story centers around Saburō, a high school boy who time-travels to Japan's Sengoku Era. He must become Oda Nobunaga, the famed warlord who helps unite Japan
- 150Tokyo Revengers (MBS, 2021) is a Japanese action anime series based on the manga by Ken Wakui from LIDENFILMS animation studio. A middle-aged loser travels back in time to his school years and... more
- 2321Occult Academy is a Japanese anime television series produced by A-1 Pictures and Aniplex and directed by Tomohiko Itō. The 13-episode anime premiered in Japan on the TV Tokyo television network on... more
- 1318Generator Gawl is a 1998 12-part anime series. The story is set in 2007, when Professor Takuma Nekasa uncovers a gene code that will unlock the human body's greatest mystery and expose mankind to its... more
- 1115Natsu no Arashi! is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Jin Kobayashi, who is known for his previous work School Rumble. The manga started serialization in Square Enix's Gangan Wing shōnen... more
- 1218Fire Tripper is a Japanese manga by Rumiko Takahashi and published in Weekly Shōnen Sunday in 1983. It was adapted into an anime OVA. In North America, this was released on VHS by Central Park Media... more
not on the list?add item #30
List Rules: Vote up the best time travel anime series.