The Greatest TV Shows About Con Artists
If you've ever watched a movie or television show about con artists, odds are you thought to yourself that you could have seen the con coming. That's what's fun about TV shows about con artists: throwing ourselves into the situation and considering how we would handle things. Would we be fooled by such an obvious trick or could we pull off the con ourselves? These questions are the reason TV shows about con artists and similar crime dramas are so much fun to watch and also why there are so many to choose from.
A television show that features a con artist as the main character offers a significant challenge for the writers and, when they pull it off, it's almost a con itself. Series like White Collar create a dynamic relationship between the con artist character and the FBI agent who brought him to justice only to find themselves working together once a certain expertise is needed. Other series like American Gods hide the con behind characters like Wednesday whose entire purpose seems to be to con the main character, Shadow, into doing something he wouldn't normally do. In short, there's a long list of good shows about con artists, but which is the best? Cast your votes below.
What are television's best scammer shows? If you're simply seeking recommendations for some con artists TV shows, browse this list for some great ideas. Vote up the shows about con artists you think are the best and see where your favorite shows rank.
- Photo: White CollarA con artist assists an FBI agent, in exchange for his freedom.
- Actors: Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay, Tiffani Thiessen, Willie Garson, Marsha Thomason
- Premiered: October 23, 2009
- Photo: LeverageThieves, hackers and grifters team up to act as modern-day Robin Hoods.
- Actors: Timothy Hutton, Aldis Hodge, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf, Gina Bellman
- Premiered: December 7, 2008
- Photo: The MentalistA detective's adviser uses his keen powers of observation to solve crimes.
- Actors: Simon Baker, Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Rockmond Dunbar, Joe Adler
- Premiered: September 23, 2008
- Photo: ImpostersA beautiful con artist leaves a trail of broken hearts until her former targets decide to retaliate.
- Actors: Inbar Lavi, Rob Heaps, Parker Young, Stephen Bishop, Marianne Rendón
- Premiered: February 7, 2017
- Photo: Sneaky Pete5
Sneaky PeteA 30-something con man takes the identity of his past cell mate upon leaving jail.
- Actors: Giovanni Ribisi, Margo Martindale, Marin Ireland, Peter Gerety, Libe Barer
- Premiered: August 7, 2015
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useHustle is a British television drama series made by Kudos Film and Television and broadcast on BBC One in the United Kingdom. Created by Tony Jordan and first broadcast in 2004, the series follows a group of con artists who specialise in "long cons" – extended deceptions which require greater commitment, but which return a higher reward than simple confidence tricks. The eighth and last series ended on 17 February 2012.
- Actors: Robert Glenister, Robert Vaughn, Rob Jarvis
- Premiered: February 24, 2004