The Best Washington Commanders Coaches of All Time
There have been many Washington Commanders coaches since the team got its start, but who is truly the best Washington Commanders coach of all time? Help us answer that question by upvoting your personal favorite Washington Commanders coaches, and downvoting any that you believe brought the team down.
When you think of Washington Commanders coaches, you think Joe Gibbs. Under his leadership from 1981-1992, the Washington Commanders played in four Super Bowl games, winning 3 of them. This includes their first NFL Championship ever, which was won against the Miami Dolphins, a team that had previously defeated Washington. Outside of Gibbs, there have been no Washington Championships, with the team struggling to make a splash in the NFC.
Who is the greatest Washington Commanders coach of all time? Vote up your favorite head coaches below that you believe really made an impact on the franchise.
- Joe Jackson Gibbs (born November 25, 1940) is a retired American football coach, NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR Xfinity Series team owner, and former NHRA team owner. He was the 20th and 26th head ...more
- George Herbert Allen (April 29, 1918 – December 31, 1990) was an American football coach in the National Football League and the United States Football League. He was inducted into the Virginia ...more
- Vincent Thomas Lombardi (June 11, 1913 – September 3, 1970) was an American football player, coach, and executive in the National Football League (NFL). He is best known as the head coach of the ...more
- John Perry Pardee (April 19, 1936 – April 1, 2013) was an American football linebacker and the only head coach to helm a team in college football, the National Football League (NFL), the United ...more
- Otto Everett Graham Jr. (December 6, 1921 – December 17, 2003) was an American football quarterback who played for the Cleveland Browns in the All-America Football Conference (AAFC) and National ...more
- Martin Edward Schottenheimer (; born September 23, 1943) is a former professional American football player and coach who served as a head coach in the National Football League (NFL) for 21 seasons. ...more